IGNORED

Veoh

Guest hahathhat

Guest 277: 930-933

I hear people who install the veoh plugin get their computers taken over by veoh.

They then get turned into veoh marketing zombies.

Guest hahathhat

well, it did piss me off a bit

i only wanted to install it in IE, it went ahead and loaded itself into Firefox without asking, made me restart firefox, session manager loads 32 tabs, then i had to figure out how to remove their gay asswidgets.

...annoying, but nothing permanent. and it works in IE now.

yes that is the standalone thing, the browser plugin should be fine.

i have never experienced veoh hogging bandwidth or anything. that being said, i dont have it installed anymore but when i did i never experienced any problems.

Guest hahathhat

yeah that "IT'S MALWARE" post is from 2006, perhaps they realized it pissed people off and cleaned up their act.

in any case, i watched video i wanted and carefully disabled all that turd (except in IE which i almost never use, lol).

computer is not melting.

edit: btw, the plugin installed something in the system tray too, not sure if that's "standalone"

Guest Ultravisitor

i used veoh for anime movies. its almost always good quality and hasn't given me any shit. i just turned it off when i wasn't using it.

i can't get it to work anymore though :(

It's just fucking annoying whenever it wants to update, there's no "no thanks" option and the window always stays on top, it did before I uninstalled it anyway.

Archived