IGNORED

Warp 20th Anniversary

stephen1966

Guest musicforairports

on their myspace page they posted a blog with a link to the Warp 20th anniversary site. Hints?

Guest googlyguy
I imagine there will be a token BoC track on this, but I suspect it's not going to be anything new or unreleased.

From the Warp20 site:

The music will consist of new and unreleased tracks from the majority of the current Warp roster, as well as some of the finest artists from our history.

Perhaps this is good excuse for the BOC box set.

Maybe.

Guest musicforairports
I imagine there will be a token BoC track on this, but I suspect it's not going to be anything new or unreleased.

From the Warp20 site:

The music will consist of new and unreleased tracks from the majority of the current Warp roster, as well as some of the finest artists from our history.

Maybe.

While a BOC set on its on (a few unreleased and rare tracks plus all the old tunes that everyone has anyways) would be great, it is in no way an ample substitute for a new album nor enough after a 4 year wait for a new release. Plus if they release a box set with old stuff, we probaly won't have a new release for another 20+ years.

From the Warp20 site:

Maybe.

yes, from the majority of the roster - I doubt BoC would be considered part of the majority. I will be really shocked if a new track debuts on it.

*Thinks back to WAP100... Orange Romeda... the track that started it all for Joyrex*

Then again...

From the Warp20 site:

Maybe.

yes, from the majority of the roster - I doubt BoC would be considered part of the majority. I will be really shocked if a new track debuts on it.

*Thinks back to WAP100... Orange Romeda... the track that started it all for Joyrex*

Then again...

Same here. I've almost gone to not caring about BoC releases anymore, because there's so much speculation and no delivering. If something is announced, then that's great, then I'll get excited. Until then, I'll just listen to what's already out.

That being said, Aphex waited about 4 years (Analord, not counting the Tuss) for a new release, which may not even come out this year. So it's not too unheard of for an artist to wait three years (counting Trans Canada) to put out something.

Guest ComicMaster

I wrote this on "Alberto Balsalm"

"Outside, in the dead of night I listened to this in blissful awe. As I watched the trees seemingly moving to the magic that is Aphex Twin’s composition, I realized that life is worth living -- if only to hear this absolute masterpiece just one more time."

Guest googlyguy
I wrote this on "Alberto Balsalm"

"Outside, in the dead of night I listened to this in blissful awe. As I watched the trees seemingly moving to the magic that is Aphex Twin’s composition, I realized that life is worth living -- if only to hear this absolute masterpiece just one more time."

While this is getting off topic, I completely agree with your quote. Same goes for BOC - at the right time it's perfect.

I've almost gone to not caring about BoC releases anymore, because there's so much speculation and no delivering. If something is announced, then that's great, then I'll get excited. Until then, I'll just listen to what's already out.

This should be a sticky - I have a feeling many people on the board feel this way.

This should be a sticky - I have a feeling many people on the board feel this way.

Awww :embrassed:

On a more serious note, people on this particular subforum don't feel this way. While I do respect their love for an excellent musical group, the whole 'mysterious-ness' of BoC is getting tired for me, personally. Yes, they're a bit different than most musical groups in the way they release information, hidden messages in their albums, etc., but talking about how 'June 9th' = '6-9' = 'Sixtyniner' = blahblahblah is just getting old.

Wait for the new album, it will come one of these days. You've got plenty of BoC to hold you over :angry:

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I wrote this on magic window:

They must have spent ages on this track; I swear I think I hear something new every time.

Archived