IGNORED

Mos Def - The Ecstatic

Guest AOOproductions

Guest AOOproductions

Black on both sides still finds its way into my CD player and his solo tracks from Rawkus's Soundbombing compilations are quite spectacular. He needs to remind people how good of a rapper he can be, very badly. And he needs to never act again.

http://pitchfork.com/news/34854-mos-def-re...ithe-ecstatici/

two new tracks are on his Myspace an they sound nice.

• 3 months later...

This is really good. I had low expectations after the last two albums but this is a lot better than those. It's no Black on Both Sides but it'd be almost impossible for it to be that good. Also, can't say I agree with the "Mos can't act" stuff. He's done some shit movies, for sure. But for every '16 Blocks' I remember his memorable performances in 'Bamboozled' or 'Something the Lord Made' or 'Topdog/Underdog'.

Casa Bey = great summer jam

Guest beatfanatic

whats up with madlib and oh no recycling their old beats from beat konducta in india series and Dr No's Oxperiments respectively though. Thats just lazy in my opinion even though both the tracks sound pretty ace

Let me put it this way. I like the album but I dont love it

Guest Alban Arthuan

madlib and oh no dont have shit to do with this...they just give the emcee the tracks he asks for...

Guest abracadabra

Really love the sample used as the intro for The Embassy. Anyone know where that's from?

Guest AOOproductions

madlib and oh no dont have shit to do with this...they just give the emcee the tracks he asks for...

Just like MF DOOM did for Ghostface Killer on Fishscale. Ever since that album, and the reusing of J dilla beats started, artists have been mining all the beat tapes they can for stuff to use. And I bet it's cheaper that way, cause he's not "making you a beat", it's already been made, so to speak. But to be fair it's basically what producers do anyways. Beat tapes where made just for this purpose, it's not like MF DOOM and Madlib were the first guys to release instrumentals, they're just the most famous producers to.

• 1 month later...

Archived