IGNORED

Eluvium

autopilot

Guest Mirezzi

Eluvium's Copia is one of my favorite albums.

Belong sounded like a pale Hecker imitation...and Grouper, are you serious about that? She sounds like the weak, uninspired shoe-gazer fudge that should have died in a fire back in the mid 90's...

Guest Mirezzi

Did I go to the wrong MySpace page?

www.myspace.com/grouperrepuorg

That shit? You guys truly like that? lol

Guest Mirezzi
Did I go to the wrong MySpace page?

www.myspace.com/grouperrepuorg

That shit? You guys truly like that? lol

yeah some of there stuff is pretty embarasing but i still like it

Awesome. Embarrassing was exactly the word, or rather the sentiment, I was looking for. It hurt my feelings to listen to it because if anybody caught me binging on this Grouper cat's music, I'd be humiliated, I'd have a lot of explaining to do, and I'd probably go on the suicide watch list for a few weeks.

I just read the post from ieafs about that music sounding "simple" and "egoless" and although simple made sense to me, I don't know where egoless comes in. In fact, I find that to be a contrary description of this brand of music. When the music is this bland, it relegates the artist to the center of our focus - so of course I looked at her pics section and found this:

grouper_2.jpg

Irony? God I hope so.

Guest hideshiseyes

One of my absolute favourites. The two untitled songs from the compilation album (lambent + talk amongst in one release iirc) are overlooked gems as well.

Archived