IGNORED

the memeification of your brand

Guest chax

p.s.: I just fucking listen music for myself, I don't give a shit about the "social" aspect of it, what others think. You think I care about somebody else' opinion of Autechre? Or Prokofiev?. This article totally ignores that totally. I especially don't care whatever manipulation methods other people are being thrown at about their music listening. It's so unimportant.

how many canadian watmm'ers are there?

also philip glass:

the article explains that process that you're talking about as well.

it's obvious that a successful band will be talked about. so yes it's an obvious correlation, but the cause for the memification is the appeal of the band not the other way around. it's pretty arrogant to think otherwise.

and

p.s.: I just fucking listen music for myself, I don't give a shit about the "social" aspect of it, what others think. You think I care about somebody else' opinion of Autechre? Or Prokofiev?. This article totally ignores that totally. I especially don't care whatever manipulation methods other people are being thrown at about their music listening. It's so unimportant.

This is the case for most people.

If its most people, why would that article be of any relevance? The article is just "how to manipulate everything for profit and fame and sex". It has nothing to do with the music. Yeah maybe that's the point. Yeah... ¿

Guest my usernames always really suck
it's obvious that a successful band will be talked about. so yes it's an obvious correlation, but the cause for the memification is the appeal of the band not the other way around. it's pretty arrogant to think otherwise.

You're forgetting how many people have shit taste in music. You don't need appeal or even talent as a prerequisite to be successful, the demand for the mediocre is out there aplenty.

You're forgetting how many people have shit taste in music. You don't need appeal or even talent as a prerequisite to be successful, the demand for the mediocre is out there aplenty.

to many people you have shit taste.

there are billions of people. a minority, lets say 50 million, will fall for marketing schemes. it's just probability.

Mostly I think the marketing works because of limited access. Most people aren't going to seek out new bands outside of the convenient media outlets, so what those media outlets expose them to is typically what they latch onto. They do choose to a degree, but it's only between the choices they have been presented by these popular media outlets. The majority aren't going to make the effort to seek new things outside of what is in front of them.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

it's not just a matter of following your taste. some people have hope that there's better music out there, and want to hear something they've never heard before.

Archived