IGNORED

Bas van Huizen - Ontgalman

Guest lullezucht

Guest lullezucht

• tube'|164 - Bas van Huizen - Ontgalman

Runtime: 49'26''

«Bas van Huizen comes from The Netherlands and brings us a richly detailed and overall awesome album built entirely on loops of reworked live samples of guitar, metal objects and singing bowl. And nothing more.

All the pieces are complex structures and are dramatically enhanced by the compositional talent of Bas van Huizen and of course, all the live recordings would have to be of great quality to make such an album.

'Ontgalman' titles are all made up words, but they also carry something in their names that reminds us of real and fictional things. Take my personal favorite 'Metaalmoed' for instance; it sounds like some kind of metallic ensemble is playing drums on water pipes and pots and pans and then it builds up into a wall of noise full of really dense and special sound details.

'Ontgalman' is an amazing album waiting to be discovered.» - Pedro Leitão

tube164_300.jpg

lol

Just for the record, I really like it, not just because you're Dutch, I found out that Kabbelslak is a great track too, it strongly conveys some kind of mood. Have to give this a lot more spins.

Archived