Guest joshier

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wall Bird
wow, a really shitty film version of half life *yawn*

Whatever, that was awesome.

Guest joshier

Yeah, anyone who says that's a shit film must be out of their mind.

From the standard of quality from youtube you get these days, this is the fucking business compared.

That was absolutely brilliant. Screw the fact that he used sound effects from HL2, because that's not important. The important thing is that he has managed to create a short movie with way more atmosphere to it than most flat Hollywood action movies.

I would watch it even if it was 1½ hour, and I don't care about the missing dialogue. All they he would have to change were the costumes, the sound effects, and the special effects.

Guest Gary C
By the way, if all of you are looking for a "realistic" and truly alien representation of extraterrestrial life then you should all read 'Solaris' by Stanislav Lem and, to a lesser degree, go see the films.

Guest joshier
By the way, if all of you are looking for a "realistic" and truly alien representation of extraterrestrial life then you should all read 'Solaris' by Stanislav Lem and, to a lesser degree, go see the films.

downloading solaris now.

downloading solaris now.

The original Russian one or the George Clooney one? The George Clooney one by Stephen Soderbergh has the most brilliant soundtrack...

Guest Gary C

Still haven't seen the Russian version, but I personally enjoyed the Hollywood film more than the book. It can get pretty heavy, and it doesn't help that it's translated from Polish.

The soundtrack is epic. Haven't listened to it in a while actually, it's about time.

The soundtrack is epic. Haven't listened to it in a while actually, it's about time.

The same goes for the Traffic and Narc Soundtrack... *wets pants*

Guest joshier

Right just finished watching it (hollywood film). yeah it is pretty good but I will have to mention that although the book may not have stated it, the film pushed the fact across that the guy (george cloony) wasn't happy until he was with the girl. But come on.. humans move on. Our brains are developed so that we can move on for shit that happens, otherwise we'd all be constantly depressed. He totally should have got on the escape pod and got back to earth to find a different fuckable chick, i mean come on. It must be said though that it makes a good point that *some* people are like that and constantly fixed on one idea. Personally I'm not one of those people so I was annoyed by george cloonys role.

Guest thanksomuch
aliens in movies are never weird enough.

i tend to agree

tho i am kinda of interested in this one

edit: on this tip, check this out (might have already been posted)

i watched this about a week ago. this odd little HL fan vid thing.... it was a little boring but i enjoyed it for the most part.

this d-9 trailer really reminds me of another video i saw years ago about androids in africa (a short sci-fi thing with really good cgi).. i can't find it now, though :\

Guest catsonearth
this d-9 trailer really reminds me of another video i saw years ago about androids in africa (a short sci-fi thing with really good cgi).. i can't find it now, though :\

androids? are you sure it wasn't aliens because the guy who directed this also did a short film with this same basic premise a few years ago called 'alive in jodurg'. looks very similar. if not, i'd love to know what it was you saw if you ever figure it out. sounds awesome.

here's the short:

androids? are you sure it wasn't aliens because the guy who directed this also did a short film with this same basic premise a few years ago called 'alive in jodurg'. looks very similar. if not, i'd love to know what it was you saw if you ever figure it out. sounds awesome.

here's the short:

yeah, that's the one i was thinking of. watmm comes through again :)

Guest Stoppit

i'm a bit confused...why is the alien's face pixelised? is that their idea of spoiler-prevention? what's the point in pixelising it? you already know it's an alien...it's like pixelising the iceberg in titanic so you don't know what's hit the ship...

...unless they're a race of 8-bit aliens....

i'm a bit confused...why is the alien's face pixelised? is that their idea of spoiler-prevention? what's the point in pixelising it? you already know it's an alien...it's like pixelising the iceberg in titanic so you don't know what's hit the ship...

#1 PR

#2 The aliens are illegal immigrants so just like any other illegal immigrants they get their faces blurred/pixelated

#3 PR

Guest Stoppit

oh, was that part of the trailer supposed to be like news-footage as well? ok then.

Guest catsonearth

because it's shot as if it were a real life documentary, so i'm guessing we're to assume that this particular alien never signed a waver contract to appear on camera, much like when they blur random people's faces in the background of "cops" or something.

Guest Gary C
Right just finished watching it (hollywood film). yeah it is pretty good but I will have to mention that although the book may not have stated it, the film pushed the fact across that the guy (george cloony) wasn't happy until he was with the girl. But come on.. humans move on. Our brains are developed so that we can move on for shit that happens, otherwise we'd all be constantly depressed. He totally should have got on the escape pod and got back to earth to find a different fuckable chick, i mean come on. It must be said though that it makes a good point that *some* people are like that and constantly fixed on one idea. Personally I'm not one of those people so I was annoyed by george cloonys role.

Nope, I don't understand your viewpoint. He was clearly wildly in love with the girl, and she committed suicide due to him being a bit of a douche and her being a nut.

Plus, it's never told how much time occurs between her suicide and his arrival on the ship.

The whole point is that his memories and manifestations are merging constantly, so that he's essentially reliving and rewriting the events. The ending is the realisation of this as he decides to assimilate with the planet/alien and live whatever "reality" he chooses.

Also, there's Snow. He doesn't imagine a lost loved-one. He manifests himself.

Edit: Also, if he stays he can screw the most perfect woman he can imagine.

Archived