IGNORED

insane neighbor

Guest zaphod

Guest zaphod

so i left a note on my neighbor's door the other day because he has a dog that i can hear through the walls (i live in an apartment complex) that he just leaves, presumably in a cage, all day while he's at work. today he came by and started knocking on my door really loud, i open it, he slams the note into my chest and starts screaming at me, swearing, whole crazy neighbor routine. i told him i was simply asking if he could find a solution for the dog issue and he started freaking out, not looking me in the eye and calling me "a passive aggressive faggot", at which point i just closed the door on him. i don't really know how to handle this, the guy is an office worker who seems really anti social and i know he's divorced and in his forties, and he has hated me since he moved in a year ago.

so i'm thinking he's going to come by tonight with a gun and kill me. so, most likely, last post. i will leave my few possessions with yegg.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that was abit passive aggressive of you, shoulda done what he done did, knock on his and ask him, but sounds like he might be a cranky fart so what ever you do will end up with screaming and barking

kill the dog

Guest zaphod

nah i've complained about this before, should have mentioned that. i confronted him once outside about it and he started going off on me, so i don't think it would matter.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

when hes at home. sit in your apartment and bark till midnight. or borrow a dog every night for a week. he'll get the message

Guest Rightsidedrive

buy a dog silencer if it really annoys you, or just play some idm muzaks towards his side. fight fire with fire.

Guest assegai
OR RECORD THE DOG BARKING THEN PLAY IT BACK WHEN HE'S BACK!

that's what I was gonna say. Is there a tenants association? Or anything other than the police where you can report the noise pollution?

OR RECORD THE DOG BARKING THEN PLAY IT BACK WHEN HE'S BACK!

this is what i suggest, but it that doesn't work then beat him up.

Guest Mr Salads

Do you like that apartment? Can you move? I dont think ive stayed in an apartment longer than 2 years at a time. Change of scenary and whatnot.

Assuming you stay, I would just ignore him from now on. This doesnt sound like someone who is actually considerate enough to read a note from a neighbor and thoughtfully, calmly address it like a normal human being. Dont worry about this guy too much...

Funny side note, our neighbors downstairs flip the fuck out on their kids. Holy shit. One morning Im going to work and hear the dad and the son going at it.

Dad: GET IN MY CAR.

son: I DONT WANT TO DRIVE WITH YOU. I WANT TO GO IN MOMS CAR.

...pause...

dad: I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. GET IN THERE!!!

Guest ms-dos

zaphod, i think you just need to 'Seduce a Ridiculous Neighbor' in your next note, if you know what i mean.

Archived