IGNORED

Entropy: Our latest animated short film

springymajig

wow dude, again impressed with the music. beautiful and perfect for the film. i loved the translucent hair you used, for some reason it really stuck out. awesome animation again, i have a watmm crush on your work. congratulations. keep us posted on anything else you put out!

Aw you're too kind man :) I'll definitely keep WATMM posted on anything I do.

Great stuff man. Whatd you use to animate/color the thing? It all looks really sharp, thought maybe i saw some 3d in there.

Ive been kicking around ideas for animations i want to work on this summer, but a broken laptop and not wanting to draw backgrounds has sort of stalled my progress. Ive got plenty of free time to work on it, i just need to get the ball rolling

It was all hand drawn animation, which was then coloured in Adobe Illustrator. It vectorizes the linework very nicely but it's not really ideal for bigger projects (I used it on the TV show I worked on too). It was composited in After Effects, so there is no true 3D in there... the backgrounds were painted in Photoshop and then manipulated in the 3D space that After Effects uses. After Effects is fantastic for animation.

Oh dude I totally forgot, my whole family loved this.

My wife spotted the burton influence right away, but she also said inspired by, not copying.

Do you guys have a package sort of deal? I'm almost thinking about making a paypal account just to buy your stuff...

Thanks man! Yeah I'm a big fan of Burton's visual style, but there's a lot of other things that influenced me... especially Studio 4C (Koji Morimoto in particular for this one).

Good news, you don't need paypal to buy the package: http://rhubarbzoo.com/?page_id=17&g2_itemId=458

You only need a credit card/debit card number thingy :)

Archived