IGNORED

New fanmade music video for 1969

Capsaicin

Guest JW Modestburns

ehhh...

not too impressed.

This video is just a bunch of late 60's early 70's era clips that don't seem to go to the track in anyway what so ever. It kinda gives that BoC several decades old feel but, its rather lacking in substance. Perhaps I'm wrong but it's seems like there was no real thought put into why they picked those particular scenes. Its just seems to be another fan who is into the asthetic of boards of canada but isn't willing to take the time to go after the substance.

the lyrics from the song are "Although not a follower of [hseroK divaD], she's a devoted Branch Davidian.

(1969 in the sunshine)" as stated on many a lyric websites.

I think it would have been a much better video if they would have tried to relate the visuals to the lyrics, they could have built on the mystery or something,

it could have been retro, relevant as well as all cool looking and trippy and stuff...

I don't mean to hate,

3/10

I'm not too impressed with it either, for the exact reasons JW mentioned - no relevance to the song's meaning. While it would have been a bit cliche, one or two images of the Waco compound, Amo Bishop Roden (the person talked about in the song), or David Koresh himself, or perhaps something that symbolizes the Branch Davidian philosophy would have worked better.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived