IGNORED

Stop-motion software

gaarg

But can I meddle with the lengt of time each frame will last? And add music and sounds? And there are different photo names and all. Its all messed up, so I need a program that will understand those things. Also, the photos have already been taken, so theres not gonna be any direct camera-to-program stuff.

I so hate being a computer dumbass...

Guest Adjective

i had an animation that consisted of a few hundred frames.

i used virtualdubmod to combine them by simply opening the first image, it opened all others in the series(filenames were sequential). the result was an uncompressed avi.

i then used megui to combine an audio stream with the video stream and exported to an mp4

Guest assegai

But can I meddle with the lengt of time each frame will last? And add music and sounds? And there are different photo names and all. Its all messed up, so I need a program that will understand those things. Also, the photos have already been taken, so theres not gonna be any direct camera-to-program stuff.

I so hate being a computer dumbass...

You're going to need to rename them in a sequential numbered order, try one these.

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=file+renamer&tag=srch&searchtype=downloads&filterName=platform%3DWindows&filter=platform%3DWindows

Ok, so I got After Effects now and have seen a few short tutorials, but...

I understand that I can do all kindsa stuff here I just dont see a normal way to work with 1000+ pics in a single video wih my 1 giga ram and sempron proc.

Those of you that are handy with AE and have already adviced me to use it, would it be possible to make a short list of steps how to get myself working on this project?

Thanksie

For mac I have always used: http://boinx.com/istopmotion/overview/

Streamlined, easy way to do stop motion animation. Its basically the software that takes the picture, not the one that assembles it from files, so you need an external camera hooked up to a laptop. iirc you press the number buttons to take shots, 1 is 1 frame, 2 is 2 frames, etc. Then you can export the video and edit it further in final cut or whatever.

No wait, I'm totally using After Effects now. Its quite capable and does what I need.

But...

There was a shitty video I tried as demo and it was 4gb hehe, gotta start understanding those rendering thingies. Otherwise looks good. Thanks again all those that made me try it out!

Guest assegai

No wait, I'm totally using After Effects now. Its quite capable and does what I need.

But...

There was a shitty video I tried as demo and it was 4gb hehe, gotta start understanding those rendering thingies. Otherwise looks good. Thanks again all those that made me try it out!

Try rendering a Quicktime with the H.264 Codec. Bada-bing!

But...

Try rendering a Quicktime with the H.264 Codec. Bada-bing!

Woa, dude, I tried this out and works great. I finally have that feeling that I might actually finish this one day!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, bumping this again haha, this time to show the final result of my gif making-video producing-rendering experience. Its still a bit rough but since its been initially done by young children and a few mentors it's gotta be ok.

Archived