IGNORED

The Black Meat

Atop

even though I just got stung by a bee on my pinky finger (in october? WTF???) I'm still going to post my favorite WSB quote (again):

"WHOSE 'NORMAL CONSCIOUSNESS'? WHY RETURN TO?"

think about it.

damn my finger hurts.

Well I love Bukowski and Burroughs and none of the other beats, Ginsberg a bit...

Burroughs was much much more than just another beat writer, he was a genius.....

his spoken word is so much more impressive than his writing imo, if you find any mystic fire company vids with Burroughs, watch one....

amazing stuff

my favorite piece of writing from burroughs comes from the end of 'western lands'. the western lands being the land of the dead in egyptian mythology.

I want to reach the Western Lands - right in front of you, across the bubbling brook. It’s a frozen sewer. It’s known as the Duad, remember? All the filth and horror, fear, hate, disease and death of human history flows between you and Western Lands. Let it flow! My cat Fletch stretches behind me on the bed. A tree like black lace against a gray sky. A flash of joy.

How long does it take a man to learn that he does not, cannot want what he “wants”?

You have to be in Hell to see Heaven. Glimpses from the Land of the Dead, flashes of serene timeless joy, a joy as old as suffering and despair.

Archived