IGNORED

flavored tobacco ban

Guest zaphod

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Glass Plate

a hundred years from now people will look back and be amazed that people smoked anything at all

other than DMT with every meal.

• 1 month later...
Guest AOOproductions

This is bullshit. But I guess i really don't care. Plus I am quitting weed for my new years resolution for good... and forever. So i guess I'll never need to have a Game Grape Blunt again anyways... Since flavored cigars will be banned ofcourse. Ugh quitting cigarettes has been tough as well... hopefully this will prompt me to do so.

get some mulling spices and roll those up in a tweed jacket and smoke that

lol -- in a pipe

every autumn i buy a pack of djarum special clove cigarettes to help bring in the changing of the seasons. i'm not really a regular smoker anymore, but i like the crackling sound these things produce when you light them. sounds like a campfire and it complements the cooler air nicely. but today i went to my local tobacco place and apparently they aren't allowed to sell them anymore. or any other kind of flavored cigarette. and yet they can still sell menthols. and in new york city it may become illegal to sell any kind of flavored tobacco, which means cigars, cigarillos, hookah, etc.

i wonder if this is a step toward banning any kind of tobacco product. probably not.

That Nat Sherman tobacco store in NYC is usually my first stop when rolling into the city. Their hint of mint cigs as well as the Havana Ovals are my favorites

Hell yeah, I used to love Nat Shermans!

idk, nicotine is the most addictive substance on the planet.. even in 400b.c. or whenever the first nicotine was used it was recorded that they couldn't stop. then add the related diseases and cancers that go with it and you (i) start to wonder how it's legal in the first place. [money]

it's a bit hypocritical to pull the flavored ones for them being 'misleading' when you have the above shit going on as well. they are misleading the entire world by legally selling something so incredibly addictive. but yea, i smoke, so whatever.

Guest leprechaun

idk, nicotine is the most addictive substance on the planet.. even in 400b.c. or whenever the first nicotine was used it was recorded that they couldn't stop. then add the related diseases and cancers that go with it and you (i) start to wonder how it's legal in the first place. [money]

it's a bit hypocritical to pull the flavored ones for them being 'misleading' when you have the above shit going on as well. they are misleading the entire world by legally selling something so incredibly addictive. but yea, i smoke, so whatever.

Playing devil's advocate, there are substances that are definitely more addictive than nicotine - crack and heroin come to mind. Plus I know of people, my SO being one of them, that are able to smoke tobacco every now and then socially. There doesn't appear to be any physical addiction in their case.

every autumn i buy a pack of djarum special clove cigarettes to help bring in the changing of the seasons. i'm not really a regular smoker anymore, but i like the crackling sound these things produce when you light them. sounds like a campfire and it complements the cooler air nicely. but today i went to my local tobacco place and apparently they aren't allowed to sell them anymore. or any other kind of flavored cigarette. and yet they can still sell menthols. and in new york city it may become illegal to sell any kind of flavored tobacco, which means cigars, cigarillos, hookah, etc.

i wonder if this is a step toward banning any kind of tobacco product. probably not.

i used to smoke gadang garums for a while. Then like you do now i would buy a pack every now and again. Just for something different.

::-----

This anti-smoking lobby thing will run out of puff once they A] cure cancer, and B] can easily regen body parts. The time is comming that smokers will be able to go back to a comfortable life of not being discriminated against. Well excepting the fact that you will probably still see declining numbers of people taking it up and there will still be restaurant bans etcetera, but i feel smokers bars will be allowed as a niche market as you won't have the health and safety issue troubling society.

It will be a big fuck you to all the religious, temperance infested, wowser mutha fuckers out there.

--::

they just banned smoking in bars and restaurants in virginia. really sucks when you want to go to a bar and smoke and you have to go outside in the cold.

Guest Adjective

I snuck a cherry clove a couple weeks back and it was amazing. Then I confessed to everyone so that they'd stop rooting for me to fail and generally shut the fuck up about me quitting.

Playing devil's advocate, there are substances that are definitely more addictive than nicotine - crack and heroin come to mind. Plus I know of people, my SO being one of them, that are able to smoke tobacco every now and then socially. There doesn't appear to be any physical addiction in their case.

Not by much.. it's very close to heroin. I've read a few studies where they rate 10 or so aspects of addiction and nicotine always edged ahead by one or two points. I just find it amazing that the tobacco lobbyists were able to spoof the government in to thinking they didn't know it was addictive. The movie Thank You for Smoking portrays it well.

When she smokes does she drink coffee or anything caffeinated? They tend to cancel each other out. j/w

Guest leprechaun

they just banned smoking in bars and restaurants in virginia. really sucks when you want to go to a bar and smoke and you have to go outside in the cold.

It's been that way in MD for quite some time now. I don't smoke so it doesn't bother me, but it sucks when you're hanging out with a bunch of people who do smoke. You either have to follow them out into the cold if you wanna be a part of the conversation or stay inside and miss out.

I've been able to quit Heroin but still have a problem with tobacco. Juss sayin.

my mom quit smoking cold turkey at 32 after smoking since she was 17. no patch or anything. it was because she was getting older, wanted kids, didn't want smoking in her life anymore. i plan on doing the same. for now... a few every once in a while shouldn't be too harmful.

Guest JW Modestburns

I've been able to quit Heroin but still have a problem with tobacco. Juss sayin.

He also smokes hookah not cigarettes. Cigarettes are more addictive, they have hundreds of other nasty additives that are not found in hookah tobacco.

Guest leprechaun

He also smokes hookah not cigarettes. Cigarettes are more addictive, they have hundreds of other nasty additives that are not found in hookah tobacco.

Nope, cigarettes occasionally as well.

Archived