IGNORED

Milieu - Eufloria OST (Limited 2CD Set)

Mellow U

eufloria-big.jpg

I know some of you here had checked out the game back when it was called Dyson...well now it's officially released and has been super-expanded!

MILIEU

EUFLORIA

MMD008 / 2xCD-R

LIMITED EDITION OF 100

After a year and a half of work, the fruits of my first real soundtracking job have now arrived. Being the project that essentially reinvigorated my interest in making ambient music as Milieu, this commission is very significant for me. Initially named "Dyson" when it was first created, Eufloria is an ambient strategy game that has gone through a number of changes and has been nominated for several awards as well as winning some. I signed on to design sound effects and compose unique music for the game's modern and surreal atmosphere. This album, containing 2 and a half hours of new music spread over two discs, is the result. Lovingly packaged in full-color artwork from the game itself, and limited to 100 copies. This disc is sure to please longtime listeners as well as newcomers to the Milieu sound.

CLICK FOR MP3 CLIPS AND ORDER INFO

Additionally, any of you reading this who are gamers should definitely check out the final released version of the game! It is currently available from a number of places, including Steam, Direct2Drive and also the Eufloria developers themselves. I cannot stress enough how unique the game really is, and it really makes the music I did come to life!

GO PLAY EUFLORIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDMt1Q_UjKU

very nice, will check out. Thanks Milieu!

Cheers! :beer:

Btw these are going pretty fast so anyone who was thinking of grabbing one should act soon!

Guest headonist

Honestly I'm not so fond of burnt CD's. But I would seriouly consider to buy your stuff if you put out a factory made CD.

Honestly I'm not so fond of burnt CD's. But I would seriouly consider to buy your stuff if you put out a factory made CD.

No offense here, but at the rate I produce material, and with the prices on pressing as low as 300 CDs, that's pretty impossible. However this package is as close to a "factory made CD" as you can get, otherwise - the cases/inserts/printing have all been done in a factory and the discs themselves are brandless white discs which I've printed using a pretty nice Epson R800 disc printer. So essentially the only difference is that my discs are green on the bottom rather than silver (though I do sometimes use silver-bottomed CD-Rs as well, for certain things).

Even so, I have done a handful of full-on pressed CDs in the past through a few labels:

http://www.discogs.com/Milieu-Beyond-The-Sea-Lies-The-Stars/release/678454

http://www.discogs.com/Milieu-A-Warm-Wooden-Hollow/release/1310489

http://www.discogs.com/Milieu-Of-The-Apple/release/946882

http://www.discogs.com/Brian-Grainger-Eight-Thousander/release/1092160

Coincidentally, all four of those were ambient albums and may strike your interest in the same way the Eufloria material would...

Guest Glass Plate

wow totally one of the best video game soundtracks as of late. I hope you get more work in this field (if you want it)

samples sound tight

Thanks dude! This reminds me also...I've already started work on a remix for "Deliver" and it's MENTAL. Will send something soon...

wow totally one of the best video game soundtracks as of late. I hope you get more work in this field (if you want it)

Thanks a lot! I am totally pursuing more work in the field, so much that I'm currently taking some night classes for a studio recording certification, just to fatten up my resume. I got a callback from Volition for an audio design position earlier this summer, but it didn't work out...so fingers crossed that Eufloria will help me get more work!

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

samples sound tight

Thanks dude! This reminds me also...I've already started work on a remix for "Deliver" and it's MENTAL. Will send something soon...

i didnt send the sample pack yet. did i? don't need it? i've been meaning to but not chance yet

samples sound tight

i didnt send the sample pack yet. did i? don't need it? i've been meaning to but not chance yet

Hah no you hadn't, but my fingers were itching to play with it so I just went to town with it in a surgical way. Samplepack would still very much be welcome as the track is only really 1/2 done.

Guest SecondaryCell

My son just asked if I would buy him a new game on Steam (he chose Eufloria) - I checked it out and was surprised when I saw the music credits.

Congratulations Brian!

(Cool game too...)

My son just asked if I would buy him a new game on Steam (he chose Eufloria) - I checked it out and was surprised when I saw the music credits.

Congratulations Brian!

(Cool game too...)

Cheers! :gamer:

This game seems to have gotten a lot of positive response and I really couldn't be happier about that. I've got my fingers crossed for it to cross over into the land of Xbox Live and iPhone, but we'll see!

Archived