IGNORED

Sebastian

Guest Backson

Guest Backson

A little birdy told me that "the french shit" isn't favoured round these parts, but are there any fans of Parisian producer Sebastian?

Upon first impression he could be considered just another bang-your-head electro artist, but his style is a mix of his facination with noise, a strong J&HCB influence, and hip hop rhythms. There's alot of clubby compression too, but he does it in such a way that his beats seldom sound exactly the same twice in a row, and his percussion always sounds warm.

i recommend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEtGQzZoZSE

if it seals the deal, the hipsters have all moved on from this type of music. its all about atonal minimal techno now.

Guest bitroast

yeah!! sebastian and jackson+his computer band are the frenchiest shittiest stuff i can listen to, and i love em both :) actually, jackson is only sems french shit, i dunno.

Guest Backson

i heard sebstian's new song, and it's a massive wankfest. the build-up is about 10 mins of him being a cunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2sop_yzUOI

wanker.

alot of the hipsters are thinking that, but frankly i think that song is amazing.

very brave, very noisy, just amazing.

I love Sebastian - apparently an album's coming out soon?

don't bank on it. i had my hopes up, but recently a fellow DJ said in an interview that Sebastian's working on a film soundtrack first.

and he really is a one release a year max sort of guy sadly.

Guest margaret thatcher

alot of the hipsters are thinking that, but frankly i think that song is amazing.

very brave, very noisy, just amazing.

i assure you my friend that i am not a hipster. i just fail to know what people in a club would do for 10 mins. go outside and have a fag?

i don't hate ed banger or sebastian, i just think he's gone over the top for nothing more than to be shocking. and the end isn't even that good.

smoking kills(?) was a great 12", if anything those songs should have been longer...bit hard to mix into and out of a song that only lasts for 3 mins, as i found out to my error at a house party dj set a few years back...

Guest Backson

i assure you my friend that i am not a hipster.

sorry, not accusing you.

just in general, the blog types hate it. i believe it probably is a massive fuck you, but that's part of why i like it.

Smoking Kills is very cool, but its not quite my favourite EP of his.

Guest Otto Krat

Fuck I this guy is ruining my french life.

Seriously you can't imagine the insane amount of motherfuckers presents every night in every damn shit club in paris, with their colorful hats and colorful clothe.

Plus, at the La villette Warped ( warp headbangers) show, Sebastien and his little long blond haired friend who knows only how to drink vodka and staring at Sebastian doing the mix, both of those bastards DESTROYED the huge "warp" letters in front of stage just to show their despise.

AAaaah. Sometimes I am glad I am half italian. (What? you say bloddy beet roots are italians too?)

suicide.jpg

Guest Backson

Fuck I this guy is ruining my french life.

Seriously you can't imagine the insane amount of motherfuckers presents every night in every damn shit club in paris, with their colorful hats and colorful clothe.

Plus, at the La villette Warped ( warp headbangers) show, Sebastien and his little long blond haired friend who knows only how to drink vodka and staring at Sebastian doing the mix, both of those bastards DESTROYED the huge "warp" letters in front of stage just to show their despise.

AAaaah. Sometimes I am glad I am half italian. (What? you say bloddy beet roots are italians too?)

suicide.jpg

i didnt understand all of that, but if you picture is anything to go by then i wholeheartedly appologise on behalf of Sebastian and all his fluro fans.

must say though, Crookers and Bloody Beetroots are fucking awful.

Archived