IGNORED

One month hump

chassis

Guest Masonic Boom

It's a really nice feeling when you get stuck into music-making after a long fallow period, isn't it?

I like the wubby bass a lot, but I'm a sucker for those kinds of sounds.

Only criticism is that it's really heavy on the low end and midrange. My ears want a bit more flying around in the treble range - either some kind of melodic hook or even just a repetitive pattern cycling around to balance all that lovely fat bass?

Thanks biggs, really appreciate it!

He's another bump.

My dad listen to some of it and said he really liked it, Im not quite sure what that means though :blush:

Might actually be a big long at 4 mins, but sure fuck it.

IRAIL (I Review As I Listen): Like the start, nice energy, rephlexish '80 vibe. then it lacks action for me when the beat is off, there could be modulations, something. the beat is welcome back, there could be an additional synth coming with the beat, playing 2 octaves higher, like a crazy melody or something, giving the track a serious twist, well that's what i would try :)

Guest ryanmcallister

the first one was meh for me...but i really dug the garden grounds piece. i am hearing a squarepusher break circa '97/'98 with lots of filter sweep snare rushes and stuff in there somewhere, you should try something like that. the classy jazzy breaks ya know, not the loud crazy stuff.

IRAIL (I Review As I Listen): Like the start, nice energy, rephlexish '80 vibe. then it lacks action for me when the beat is off, there could be modulations, something. the beat is welcome back, there could be an additional synth coming with the beat, playing 2 octaves higher, like a crazy melody or something, giving the track a serious twist, well that's what i would try :)

I assume youre talking about the 1st track. Thanks for the listen.

Yeah, that seems to be the general consensus, that I need some sort of lead. T'is very bass-filled.

the first one was meh for me...but i really dug the garden grounds piece. i am hearing a squarepusher break circa '97/'98 with lots of filter sweep snare rushes and stuff in there somewhere, you should try something like that. the classy jazzy breaks ya know, not the loud crazy stuff.

I always add in some mad break at the end. I compose a whole track and then I just think "what would this be like if I added in some nice break" and the result always seems better to me. I like to collect breaks and I just keep them in an archive folder.

So Im not a real member so I cant edit my 1st post, I did a very small bit of fiddling with Keapcon. Basicly I took the redux of the sequence part so that its a little less heavy round the mid rages.

Still not too much of a change though.

Only listened to the 2nd version and the sound range sounds full to me. It's running music to me, might put it in my mp3 player for the running.

The garden grounds ambient track lacks sounds in my opinion, or maybe just modulation or something... but that might be just me as i like my ambient with a lot of stuff to hear.

Its been over a month since I even tried to make a track.

I was trying out a new free softsynth bass. Quite like it.

The topic title made me feel sorry for you, since I reckoned you must be incredibly chafed at this point.

Only listened to the 2nd version and the sound range sounds full to me. It's running music to me, might put it in my mp3 player for the running.

The garden grounds ambient track lacks sounds in my opinion, or maybe just modulation or something... but that might be just me as i like my ambient with a lot of stuff to hear.

Do what ever you want to it, its all cool baby.

I was thinking of adding in kinda back round sounds, youre probably right there.

Its been over a month since I even tried to make a track.

I was trying out a new free softsynth bass. Quite like it.

The topic title made me feel sorry for you, since I reckoned you must be incredibly chafed at this point.

My gooch is sore.

Archived