IGNORED

I Made This Thing & I Don't Know What To Do With It

Guest Masonic Boom

Guest Masonic Boom

OK, I'm going to take a deep breath and take the plunge. Please be gentle with me.

I don't know what it is, I don't really understand what genres mean so I'm not going to guess and just called it my nonsense genre "Acid Vag" on account of all the squelching.

It's obviously not finished yet. I kinda think there should be girly vocals, but at the same time I like it instrumental. I think it goes on a bit long in the middle - though perhaps the big messy end with all the feedback should go on even longer. But I'm really really pleased with the resonant filters.

Listen On Soundcloud

::hits button before I can change my mind::

Guest placidburp

Wow! Totally not what I was expecting for some reason. Really like this, its really catchy. Sort out an ending for it and you got yourself a winner! Nice work.

I was really getting into it after 2.58, when you bring in that really grimy reverbed bassline and the breakbeat. I thought you should have brought that section in earlier in the mix just to keep momentum going/building. This isn't to say the preceding 2 mins or so weren't good, I enjoyed them. I would definately have brought that bassline in earlier and added maybe another string line overlaying it to add extra dynamics, but thats just me.

Really nice work here, though I think you should use a break hi-hats instead of tambourines- obviously since I'm being this pedantic I can't actually find anything that I really dislike about this track. Really nice synth work, they all blend really well with each other. Intro's perhaps a little long but tbh I don't really mind that much because it builds up really well throughout. My only other recommendation is put a 808 sub kick with alot of release under the kick of the break, not that unique but I think it would really bring the track together.

Guest Masonic Boom

Wow, really useful comments! Thank you so much for listening, and I'm totally grateful for any suggestions you can think of to make it better. This is really helpful.

Those are both really good ideas, doubling the bass line* and also some sub-bass kick drum during the big bit. (Sorry, I love tambourines, they're staying.) :) I'll give my ears a break for a day or two then give it a try - and write some kind of ending.

*actually I just realised you don't mean the bass, you mean the feedback that comes in towards the end. Yeah, perhaps that should be even BIGGER.

x-post I'll think about vocals, see if I can come up with anything, but I just freaking hate writing lyrics! ha ha.

Thanks again!

Guest Masonic Boom

sounds like a cover version of "Tango N' Vectif"

very nice sounds, and drum programming; fits perfectly

How weird. I've never actually owned any u-zik beyond the Mike & Rich album. (Waits to be thrown off the board)

Maybe I should go and give it a listen - though I'm kind of scared if the aesthetic is similar that it'll ruin my own headspace (that if I become aware of it, it'll affect me - either in trying to sound more or less like him.)

This is really nice, though I would have brought the break in for part 2 rather than part 3 - my interest picked up a lot there. The bass you have at the end is great. The mix could use tweaking, but I'm a tweaker.

Archived