IGNORED

Looking for a SYNTHESIZER>

YEK

yeah so i want it to be multitimbral 16 channels. to be able to play sixteen channels at the same time

large polyphony

i know, i mean, i think the andromeda fits this description

something with 16 outputs, andromeda has that right? would be cool

right now i'm running ableton as midi sequencer into my groovebox which is multitimbral multi polyphony etc.

would like to get something with richer sounds and more tweakablity, synthesis than my rm1x

yeah not getting a synth right now, but one of these days. by the time i actually have a large cash flow to blow on a synth i'll probably have to ask this question again

but, well, i was just interested

sounds like what i'm asking for is QUITE an expensive tool.

but i just want to know what's out there like this right now

THANKYOU!!!

:shade:

Guest Analogue Wings
yeah so i want it to be multitimbral 16 channels. to be able to play sixteen channels at the same time

large polyphony

i know, i mean, i think the andromeda fits this description

Analogue synths tend to have low to zero multitimbrality. Their voice count is a total for all parts. A 16 voice polysynth running at 16 parts multitimbral would therefore be 16 monosynths :ermm:

Remember, if you've got a song with 16 parts, how many of those are going to need to be supar lushed out rich analogue? Probably 4 tops? The rest will be little bits and pieces that can get away with being 'good enough'.

Have you considered a ROMpler, like the EMU Proteus 2000? 32 parts (yep, 2 midi ports) and 128 voice polyphony and zillions of sounds that you can filter to hell and back. Pretty good workhorse to back up those 'featured' analogues imo.

I saw a reggae band playing live with an Andromeda on telly last night, and what the dude was doing with it didnt sound particularly "huge" or "expensive". Sounded like something you could do on a Juno pretty easily... but that's just a few seconds on telly...

a rompler eh? ok, thanks for that information. that could be good

i dunno , maybe vsts are the way to go

feel free to post synth ideas guys if you want to, but yeah, whatever

Guest Promo

When buying equipment its boils down to getting good bang for your buck. I recommend Synth Modules (aka ROMplers) as you get 16/32 midi channels and plenty of polyphony to make tracks with. Old synths and even older synth modules just can't compare to current synth modules. You'd have to literally purchase like 3/4 synths at least to get the equivalent power (polyphony and midi channels) of a ROMpler. Just my humble opinion anyways. :cool:

PS Besides they've stopped producing the Proteus and all those sample based synth modules haven't they. Oh and by the way this is a good thread as I was thinking of a similar question for possible future purchases.

Guest test pattern
When buying equipment its boils down to getting good bang for your buck. I recommend Synth Modules (aka ROMplers) as you get 16/32 midi channels and plenty of polyphony to make tracks with. Old synths and even older synth modules just can't compare to current synth modules. You'd have to literally purchase like 3/4 synths at least to get the equivalent power (polyphony and midi channels) of a ROMpler. Just my humble opinion anyways. :cool:

PS Besides they've stopped producing the Proteus and all those sample based synth modules haven't they. Oh and by the way this is a good thread as I was thinking of a similar question for possible future purchases.

To clarify....a ROMpler uses preexisting samples.....usually of strings, horns, keys....i.e. its for real sounds.....some ROMplers have waveforms as well (I have an alesis QS6.1 which does as this).....ROMplers tend to be not very editable......Synth Modules on the otherhand are not ROMplers....they produce waveforms (not samples) and have various ways to mangle the sound (filters, lfos, envelopes....) a good example of a synth module would be a virus rack or a waldorf microq....

i still don't get why everyone is obsessed with the andromeda. its just a new analog synth, and i don't know why people are obsessed with analog to begin with. To me its like people going apeshit over new school VCR's.

reguardless let me throw a few ideas in the wind, these are all things that fit the bill...

Access Virus TI - You can open up the synth as a vst. It connects to your computer via USB. it has about 130-80 polyphony (depending upon which oscillators you use), incredible modulation matrix, built in effects, hyper saw, wave table oscillators, plus all the regulars. They also have one of the nicest filters available imo. Never deal with midi again.

Dave Smith Instruments Poly Evolver Keyboard- Analog and Digital Oscillators. 4 Voice. 20 Polyphony. effects (real nice digital distortion). Small company that cares about there customers.

Nord Modular Series - Variable Polyphony. Incredible Built in effects. Digital Outs and Ins. Path Editor on computer. Usb blah blah blah

Roland V-Synth - 24 polyphony, rombler/digital/line in oscillators, digital effects, bizarre trip pad d beam type controllers, digital outs, can do granular effects pretty easy, everything from crispy pads to nasty dnb bass

I think the exact thing you want is a Waldorf Q+ but good luck finding one.

yeah i want a desktop synth module. no keyboard. no rack.

the virus ti desktop looks stellar as does the virus c but supposedly they are not making those anymore

the virus ti looks fantastic though actually. i'm going to read hella reviews and get specs etc. also looks like it would fit well on my little desk i have here

anyways yepp i think that is the synth for me.

now i need to get a job haha

if I ever buy a hardware synth, itll be the TI. It sounds amazing, and it has full integration, which is very important.

need money though.

the new moooog looks not bad

get a hold of the korg legacy collection with the MS20 controller

top buzz

nom

Guest Analogue Wings

top buzz

nom

what do you know about the new Moog? Spill it man!

Guest Analogue Wings
i think the polar looks like the secks to me

VirusTIPolar-large.jpg

It needs a glowing red light in the middle. Then you could ask it to open the pod bay doors

Guest blicero

top buzz

nom

what do you know about the new Moog? Spill it man!

Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide...
38644626a299279687b904112212l.jpg

Archived