IGNORED

New album to be released

Guest Ultravisitor

er, if this stepdad mastered it, then why would he need warp to send him a copy?

pretty sure the mastering suite would keep a backup

lol yeah thats what I was going to say.

Guest Ultravisitor

My mates ex girlfriend just bragged to me about getting the man's signature. I asked how. She said her stepdad had just finished mastering his "new album"

Pow!

I can't imagine many people on this forum will believe me, but hey! maybe i'm just being pessimistic.

2010 may have just got better. I quite fancy something different to Just a Souvenir, but its clear that he does whatever the fuck he wants with his albums. Which gives him my respect. I just didn't think much of J.A.S.

Anyway, this is only hearsay. My mate could be pulling my leg, but i seriously doubt it. She's not that kind of person. Plus her stepdad mastered one of nightmares on wax's albums.

I asked for a copy, she said if warp send her step dad a copy, then yes! Score!

I don't mean to be pessimistic, but could it be that he "just finished" mastering Solo Electric Bass 1? I mean, we don't know the length of time between her getting the autograph and her showing it to you, or how many projects her stepdad works on regularly so having "just finished" something could mean "within the past few months" to him. Ok so it's been about 6 months since that album was released, but still, you get the idea. Maybe you can clarify?

I'd certainly be happy to hear some new stuff, though, as I wasn't a big fan of JAS (but I did like Numbers Lucent).

fair speculation but i saw her the week before the news and she said nothing, then i got a message on the night exploding with excitement followed by a phone call. likewise with a couple of other mates of hers/mine who are well into squarepusher.

saying that, i haven't even seen the autograph, i'm just going by her word. HA!

i trust her though, theres no reason for her to make it up.

anyway, i've asked more questions about it, but heard nothing more. i'll probably see her at plaid in london next month, so i'll sit her down and get this straight.

Guest Dirty Protest

Mobile phones, email, instant messaging, landlines, fax, carrier pigeon, text, courier. Just a selection of the ways to end the wittering.

how much mastering did SEB1 get? I can see it's 'engineered' by one jamie harley ( http://www.discogs.com/artist/Jamie+Harley ). SEB1 probably didn't take up much of Toms time and Numbers Lucent was probably made during the same time as JaS, so it has been 2 years since the last album. might've had the time to cook up a new one.

let's hope so!

JASband?

but seriously, this would be great. like many others, i'm praying for something in the style of numbers lucent... i dug that more than anything else he's produced really -- and i'd say i pretty much love everything he's done!

Archived