IGNORED

silent bob vs. the airline induistry

kaini

so, basically, some airline stopped kevin smith from flying because he was too fat.

Oh Southwest Airlines... You make yourself look good by staying away from those pesky baggage charges, then you go and make yourself look ridiculous by kicking a famous actor off your plane because the captain decided he was "a safety risk" for being too fat to fly.

Bad, bad move.

The actor in question is Kevin Smith (you may know him as Silent Bob). He admits that he's a bit of a fatty, but he also told his Twitter followers that he had no problems putting both armrests down. So, once the Southwest PR team wakes up tomorrow morning, I'd love to hear their side of the story, and how they decide who is entitled to fly on their planes, and what their definition of "safety risk" is. Seriously, I can't wait for the PR spin on this one.

See, Kevin Smith has 1.6 million followers on Twitter, who all get to read just how unfairly he was treated, and how the airline tried to make everything better with a $100 voucher.

Of course, this is not the first time the airline has managed to get in the news with stupid decisions by its staff - last time they made the news, an overweight passenger was barred from flying, and missed the funeral of his uncle.

he's fucking frothing at the mouth on twitter, it's pretty funny.

kevinsmith-gadling-bumper.png

http://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/10/02/14/1840243/Southwest-Declares-Kevin-Smith-Too-Fat-To-Fly

http://www.gadling.com/2010/02/13/southwest-airlines-decides-actor-kevin-smith-too-fat-to-fly-with/

http://twitter.com/thatkevinsmith

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i think hes a writer/director really. actor? he's been in what, 2 films?

oh and yeah the pilot just hated his films.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

his own films and die hard are the only ones i can think of

he was in die hard?

:confused:

EDIT: oh the new one. well i managed to avoid that one [camp voice]my bad[/camp voice]

no lol

isn't twitter over yet?

i used to think twitter was fairly useless, but it's actually mildly diverting, but as a browser/appliance plugin, not a site.

it's ok to subscribe to some interesting people who post lots of links, and occasionally hit the twitter plugin thingy button and perhaps find an interesting site.

i.e. http://twitter.com/pickover

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

He fit between the armrests and could use the normal seatbelt -- so he has a point.

I've flown on SW before and had no issue. I weigh a lot more than Kevin Smith (he looks to be about 250 based on his height), but since I'm so tall I guess they don't care.

Just another example of how being tall helps you get ahead in the world.

i think hes a writer/director really. actor? he's been in what, 2 films?

oh and yeah the pilot just hated his films.

it's his fault for not being rich enough to buy a private jet. Serves him right.

I have an idea to help him sort his problem though, so i'm not all cuntstain. He should go to peter jackson fat camp, located on beautiful skull island. That would fix him right up.

Just another example of how being tall helps you get head in the world.

Cause you're crotch is located right next to their mouths.

Guest Al Hounos

*makes sure to fly Southwest Airlines next time so he doesn't have to sit next to a fatty or worse, a fatty that is also Kevin Smith*

Archived