IGNORED

Pleaserobme

Guest Fishtank

Guest assegai

http://blogs.zdnet.com/feeds/?p=2440

he Internet is abuzz today with news of Please Rob Me, a service that claims to expose the dangers of geolocational social networking through a serious lesson in tough love: calling out how many “empty homes” are available for robbing when people check in elsewhere on Foursquare. It mostly picks on those users who automatically post their locations to a public Twitter feed. While those people deserve to be mocked (it’s senseless, really), there’s a serious question here: Is Please Rob Me actually helping the problem or making it worse?

another useless app built on twitter, wasting bandwidth and electricity. it's pretty funny, but the ethics of it are in the gray (dark gray, that is).

Guest Space Coyote

I like it, it's a good idea however its flawed if you actually wanted to go steal shit from someones house cause you'd have to know the person and whether they lived with anyone else and you'd also have to know where they live. Anyone in a drug scene with dodgy friends-of-friends and hangers-on should be super worried though.

why not just stop publicly posting your location all the time? or invest in a deadly security system?

nothing wrong with pleaserobme

why not just stop publicly posting your location all the time? or invest in a deadly security system?

nothing wrong with pleaserobme

this is pretty much what I was gonna say, but you said it for me.

well done.

Archived