IGNORED

Audio-Technica ATH-M50

pera

post-6491-126806536064_thumb.jpg

Hi guys, I wanna get some new good headphone around 100US$ and after a night of research I found this AT. There are many good comments about it, but since I can't try it in my country I need to somebody tell me if this is what I'm searching for.

What I need is a flat frequency response, I really don't want a "warmish and bassish" headphone.. so I was looking at Headroom:

post-6491-126806720453_thumb.png

I was surprised about the color around 70hz, 400hz, 2000hz and 6000hz... but when I read some reviews about M50 everybody say "flat response", so, in need some help to understand what is going on here :P

If you look that graph I compare ATH-M50 (closed) and AKR K 240 (semi-open). The AKR is less colored, it has less bass and highs, but more harmonic distortion:

post-6491-126806920153_thumb.png

Its so hard know what buy without try it before :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ramses

Buy them, they are killer. I have used them for years for monitoring and enjoyment. Very accurate but not harsh. Pick em up new on eBay. Can't beat the price.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hey thanks for reply, do you have used the AKG K240?

greetings

Mmm a bit late to the party but yeah I used to have a pair of AKG 240s and they were brilliant (and almost completely flat response). The only reason I got rid of them is cos one day I felt a bit flash and went for some AKG 701s which were somehow even better !

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

The HD800's look to be the flattest of that round up by far right?

EDIT:it's surprising how dumb a sentence can look with an extra 'the'

Archived