IGNORED

WATMM MANCHESTER MEET UP/GIG

Guest placidburp

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest placidburp

phew! I will get onto marge and see if he can make the 26th too. I just hope they can swap the date for us. he said they were getting pretty full up.

kebab?

yes please!

Guest placidburp

Well I went ahead and asked him to change the date to the 26th, I expect he will reply in the morning again. fingers crossed.

Who is up for meeting up and listening to/playing some music? Also, any manc watmmers know of any good, cheap hotels or b&b's, just in case that people want to come from further afield and stay the night?

Where abouts exactly would it be?

Never mind, just nabbed the details, didn't realise you'd already posted where it is!

Well, I would probably stay near Piccadilly, there was a hotel I stayed it recently and the room was £60 a night. Only 35 min walk or so.

For those interested in going...

The Ibis hotel in the city centre has got rooms for £46 on that date, get a twin bed room and that's £23 each which ain't bad. It's about 30 minutes drunk walking from the venue, which isn't bad, but can always get a cab, it's a piss easy route though:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=m5+4pf&daddr=M1+4GX&hl=en&geocode=FeMWMAMdXl3d_yntuEwsJ657SDGGvEd3eIRGPQ%3BFbL-LwMdD9nd_ymZnqIgwLF7SDFl7vkeFz_0MA&mra=ls&dirflg=w&sll=53.480589,-2.253785&sspn=0.015221,0.045276&ie=UTF8&ll=53.480001,-2.253914&spn=0.015221,0.045276&z=15

Also it's right close to Manchester Piccadilly station, which is a bonus:

http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-3142-ibis-manchester-city-centre/index.shtml

I think people should make the effort and it can be a great night! And bring friends!

Ah, nice one Placid, closer is better.

Guest placidburp

ITS BOOKED!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!

26th June, put it in your diaries and come along. Anyone wanting to play a set let me know, I will start promoting this bugger as soon as!

Guest placidburp

ha! that would be amazing! I will look into it. Oscillik, I know you said you haven't played for ages, but do you not fancy doing a little set or djing or something?

ha! that would be amazing! I will look into it. Oscillik, I know you said you haven't played for ages, but do you not fancy doing a little set or djing or something?

me DJing would be :facepalm:

and since my Oxygen8 died on me, i've literally got nothing i could use. if i had gear and material, i'd totally have been up for it

:( sadfase is me

and since my Oxygen8 died on me, i've literally got nothing i could use. if i had gear and material, i'd totally have been up for it

Laptop - media player - playlist - bop your head and make hand gestures on the keyboard to the rhythm and nobody will know the difference.

Guest placidburp

well just so happens I have an oxygen8 you can borrow! Have a think about it mate. be great if you could play, no pressure though.

ha, thats what im doing for my gig tonight! hahah!

Laptop - media player - playlist - bop your head and make hand gestures on the keyboard to the rhythm and nobody will know the difference.

you've been getting tips from sean and rob i see :p

well just so happens I have an oxygen8 you can borrow! Have a think about it mate. be great if you could play, no pressure though.

that's very cool of you man, but i'd need to grab the keyboard off you, like...tomorrow or something. and even then i'd probably come out with some shite...Reason only set-up at the moment :-/

i'd rather be a hipster part of the crowd and at least have some air of pretentiousness about me, rather than being up on stage blasting out mediocre stuff and lulz abound.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=104178026284027 - lol, I'm not very good with the descriptions.

WHO WANTS IN????

boo

what about those of us who don't have faecesbook?

get facebook? ha, yeah I will get this posted on some sites and myspace and stuff too. I don't have a website or I would post it there.

had a facebook and myspace a few years ago. deleted them due to the realisation that it was a really stupid thing to do - putting up personal details for all to see, and allowing the sites to sell my information (including pictures) onto third parties.

my tinfoil hat is on pretty fucking tight :p

lol, well I will keep you informed in here then instead...

that's sorted then. novel idea that...keeping watmm informed of the watmm meetup gig :p :cisfor:

if i'm bored enough, i might try to do a rough design featuring :trashbear:

Archived