IGNORED

Desi Dance Mix

Guest Ominous

Guest Ominous

I just wanted to put something together as I haven't made a mix in a while. And to celebrate the re-release of "Synthesizing", what better than to make an mix with all kinds of Indian dance music. Some borderline-cringey Bollywood stuff along with some other interesting pre-90s goodies. Hope you enjoy. I'll put up a tracklist later. Soundcloud link below:

JJDJ - Desi-dance Mix

post-3166-12697268485_thumb.jpg

Guest Ominous

Tracklist:

Monsoon - Wings of the Dawn

Ananda Shankar - Storm

Jaz - State of Hindipendence

Sheila Chandra - Lament

Salma Agha - Pyar Hai Ek Nasha

Kishore Kumar - Love Express

Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Yaad-e-Nabi (Mick St. Clair Remix)

Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Dumardum (Dholkimix) [Mick St. Clair Remix]

Kishore Kumar - Aankhe Do

Charanjit Singh - Raga Bairagi

Vijay Benedict - Banoo Ko Mil Gaya Janu

Nazia Hasan - Takta Muni Mana

Bappi Lahiri - Tum Jo Parda Rakhoge

Charanjit Singh - Raga Yaman

Kalyandji Anandji - Disco Cammata

Biddu - Baat Ban Baye

Guest Ominous

Bappi Lahiri in da ghar!

this stuff is addictive, already started working on a new one. Thanks for checking it out!

i think about at the 20 minute mark it starts to get really nice, honestly not much of a fan of the higher production fusiony indian stuff with breakbeats and stuff, but most of the selection past 20 minutes is fantastic. I was skeptical of any kind of Nursrat 'remix' but i was sold when it started playing, not the cheesy 'real world records' variety of nursrat remixes you mostly hear

Guest Ominous

Thanks for your comments, Awepittance. Yeah, I see what you mean with the "Lonely Planet"-type of songs hehe; but for what it's worth (and as far as I know, aside from West India Company), these are the some of the first ones in that style I think. I kinda wanted to ease into the disco frenzy also. I'll go easy on the fusiony stuff on the next one; stay tuned for more. I'm also trying to question/prove with these mixes if/how something as brilliant as "Synthesizing" was possible back then and there. So far, the answer is yes, imo.

Archived