IGNORED

Stoofa: The Turbulent Life of the Prepubescent Boy

Guest placidburp

Guest placidburp

I thought that some of you chaps might like this. It's the band I was in around '98 at college. We made this in 2000, I think. The production isn't amazing, but there are some really good tracks in here. I still listen to them quite a bit.

Some of the tracks are quite experimental, like 'Didge Synth', which was the bass player Jay playing his Didgeridoo through some weird effects unit while everyone twiddled some knobs. And then some tracks are kinda Mogwai sounding like 'Nutfucker', which is my favourite track.

I was the drummer by the way.

I thought rather than them just stay on my hard drive, I should share them with everyone.

Download it Here

You can download a 320kb.zip or stream and download each track individually.

Stoofa.jpg

TRACKLIST:

01 Rose Aylmer

02 Searching for Snails

03 Nutfucker

04 Oedapuss Complex

05 Broken Glass, Rusty Nails

06 Song for the Children of Blackpool

07 He's got flies in his eyes

08 What du ya know Henry

09 Didge Synth

hope you enjoy it.

Guest margaret thatcher

listening now...

this is extremely good! i'm a big mogwai fan and this is really bang on.

this is a keeper so far....

Guest placidburp

Thank fuck for that!! I was thinking everyone must hate it! Cheers for listening Maggie. And LOl backson! :D

This is really nice stuff! I'll be downloading in a moment. Funny thing is I'm pretty much in exactly the same situation right now - I'm the drummer in a "post-rock" jam band recording all our sessions kinda poorly and seeing what comes out of them.

Guest placidburp

Cool, glad you like it. Yeah we recorded this at the colleges recording studio in 2000, I think it cost us about £50 for the full days studio time, which wasn't bad between 5 of us. It helped that we were students there though and the Studio technician was one of our tutors.

I'd love to be in a band like this again, though sadly I haven't got a kit any more nor have I played one for about 7 years!

Get some of your tracks posted, futureimage! I'd love to hear some.

Guest placidburp

Interesting fact about stoofa:

John Peel once played a 20ish second snippet of one of our tracks, and said something about us being friends with the band 'monkey steals the drum', when really only our bass player knew them.

Everyone in our band missed the peel show that night but had 4 or 5 people tell us about it the next day.

Best career highlight and we missed it.

True story bro!

Archived