IGNORED

The Breakdancing Thread

Guest carthief

i was in a breakdancing crew when i was 9 or 10 years old. my name back then was chizzl (izzle language for chill, short for chilly willy. but also because i had big buck teeth that resembled a chisel). i was more of a top rocker, body popper dude since my windmill skills and headspin skills were rather weak. my dad was totally against this and would yell at me or rough me up if he caught me breakdancing. he tore up a notebook i had that had graffiti art in it. so i wasn't able to really get into it in fear of him back then.

then we moved to cali and the breakdancing movement wasn't quite there yet. so when i tried to show my friends some moves, they thought i was a freak. then they were into breakdancing about 6 months later. by then i lost interest and started skateboarding. i occasionally did modified moves throughout the years at clubs and raves though. so i'm happy to say that i had some part in the culture from the early days.

Archived