IGNORED

sunny day highway - YA [internet dance virus?]

electronic dance music album i'm working on. some tracks are straight hard dancefloor sweat techno and others are big beat, 90s style hip hop freaky shit. and there is a little bit of dubstep sprinkled in here and there. check it out. its not done - posting it here to see what works / what doesnt.

K2vUL.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?kgym24tvyzx

this is one track from it

http://soundcloud.com/dodeiale/ya

I mean it sounds sort of like you have two things going at once in it - a song & a bunch of crazy chopped up noise samples. They aren't melded for me, unfortunately.

Haven't heard the others yet, though.

What I get from this track and others like it, is the sense that I'm flipping through radio stations—Yes, you've confined all of this material to a tempo, but it's lacking continuity.

Guest bigs

What I get from this track and others like it, is the sense that I'm flipping through radio stations—Yes, you've confined all of this material to a tempo, but it's lacking continuity.

yeah, i'm feeling this. seems like you've been getting into poppy stuff, vamos, so don't be afraid to be poppy! making this shit too esoteric and confusing is a huge turn off. the #1 rule of pop is that it must be catchy! nothing to hold on to here.

Guest hahathhat

i don't think it's necessarily that the samples don't mix, they're just a tad too blunt. need a soft touch -- sample comes in suddenly and loudly, the ear classes it away from the rest of the tune. it should kind of float in, riding on the coattails of other sounds. then it will be accepted as one of the tribe

p.s. listening to the album now, v. nice so far :rdjgrin:

Archived