IGNORED

Purity Device - Remix/Reform

Guest Greg Reason

Guest Greg Reason

Purity Device - Remix/Reform

01 Miasma (Reconstructed by Greg Reason)

02 The Thought Police (Lmenitemix by Bola)

03 On the Transformation of Romance into Guilt (Refined by Nic McConaghy)

04 Active Denial System (Submerged by Tetra)

05 Active Denial System (Re:Mixed by Re:Enactment)

06 The Great Perpendicular Path (New Flesh mix by Tigermoth)

07 Rivers of Enkephalin (Scorched by Palindromic Resonance)

08 The Thought Police (Bitten by The Black Dog)

09 Miasma (Reconfigured by Subsea)

10 Euclidean Curve (Manipulated by Institute of Reason)

11 Armour Down (Crafted by Ambersound)

12 Vovchanchyn (Rethought by Greg Reason)

Remixes of material from debut album The Single Act of Being. Each artist was given complete freedom to create whatever they wished with the multitracks and as a result this is an incredibly diverse record. There's everything from dark Hip-Hop (Tigermoth) and minimal Techno (The Black Dog) to liquid Ambient (Tetra) and Acousmatic (Nic McConaghy).

We're immensely proud to present the first new music from Bola in three years. In The Black Dog's hands, The Thought Police became a slithering dancefloor number washed through with sinister ambient flourishes. Bola's version is akin to symphonic electronica, a profoundly majestic piece that seems to melt from your speakers.

Remix/Reform will be available on CD, 24bit flac and 320kps mp3 on August 27th.

The Thought Police (Bola/The Black Dog) AA 7" vinyl will be out September 9th, limited to 300 copies.

Previews from next week.

http://www.myspace.com/puritydevice

http://www.puritydevice.net

28633_427806011196_346515536196_5417240_5649659_n.jpg

Guest Greg Reason

Yeah I'm pretty happy to have something new from him! I've been waiting anxiously for Ambrosia, especially seeing as the very last thing he did was so fucking mindblowing (Diamortem)

I personally think this new track is one of the best things he's ever done. I know I'm biased and I know it is a remix of one of my tunes but it really doesn't sound anything like my song. It's a Bola song that happens to use a bunch of my files.

As for Ambrosia, I really don't know, I didn't want to pester him about it but a lot of people have been asking on his facebook and the general answer is he's still working on it and either doesn't know or won't say when he'll be finished...

Archived