IGNORED

Beat driven weirdness

Hautlle

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

definitely like the vibe, kinda sounds like an alien planet interpreting earth airwaves and being really confused. the synths sound a little too dry/vanilla. Definitely would tweak them out more, simple fix is give them more atmosphere/reverb/delay/space em out. the beat could sound a lot harsher crunched out distorted in a really tasteful way. the sounds all seem good to go just needs more of grittier/spacier/tripped out production magic.

I'm really not as into this kind of dissonant no strongly attachable melody stuff as much anymore these days. Peeps more into this style still might have a better opinion. B

but yeh my opinion make it sound less vanilla dry clean

i've been waiting for you to repost this track! this is one of the coolest songs i've heard in a while -- from any artist. i love everything about it -- the scary plucky synth in the background, percussion, pads, vocals. sweet as shit. downloading this fooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Thanks for the replies guys.

BFC: Ya, I should probably at the very least do some work on that main pad, it's a pretty standard poly-six sound. I have a difficult opinion on this as well, because I don't normally do stuff without at least a main synth line or whatever. Like I said, I considered trying to do a lead or something, but I wanted to just try something different.

bigs: thanks again man ;)

Guest Billov

Really loving the crunchy beats. I don't know if I have any valuable feedback, it feels really claustrophobic throughout, which is interesting if thats what you were going for. But you could always try giving some of the sections more room to breath, leaving just the beats, with a little noise for atmosphere.

I think you could definitely fit a lead in, but keep it long sustained notes and not too melodic. Nice and warm with a little fuzz perhaps?

Maybe have the lead come in when the beat kicks in again at 2:25 and extend the track a bit. It sort of builds up there and ends before its really sunk in.

Looking for some feedback on this. At first I was going to try to work in a lead synth, but just fucked w/ the vocal stuff more instead.

http://soundcloud.com/hautlle/urn-sp4c/s-Fdbtx

Great funky track! Super cool beats, what are the drum sounds? The Crunch! Like it! The weird vocal stuff in the end adds a new dimension.

Again -- very cool work.

Thanks for listening and the comments everyone.

I feel you on extending it, I considered it, but in the end I kind of like the way it leaves you wanting more. Makes you want to listen again ;)

The drums were made using the Microtonic drum machine. I just acquired this and must say it's an awesome piece of kit.

Archived