IGNORED

is this a dubstep joke?

Guest Backson

Have any of you heard the new iTAL tEK, Eleven Tigers, Bass Clef or Clubroot records?

Bass Clef has a new record??!?! shit! he was my favorite artist of the genre for a while. I actually prefer ITAL tEk's older stuff. I agree with the review in the Wire of his new ep(lp?) that says he's trying too hard to sound like the hypercolor dub funk of hyberdub records (which i am not a fan of in general) i like the glitchy darker stuff he was doing earlier

yeah the new Bass Clef is amazing...

new iTAL tEK might not be as good as his first record but still, it is interesting and growing on me....

very idm imo cia fbi diy :cerious:

I like Ital Tek's first album, Bass Clef is pretty good too but I haven't been following him.. might have to check the new one. Clubroot however is great stuff, I love his first one and the second one is growing on me quite a bit. I prefer the dubstep that has atmosphere, and a sense of restraint and actual production skill, rather than the brostep/filthstep that oversaturates the scene lately. Hyperdub, Hemlock and Planet-Mu are putting out some consistently decent stuff, although even Mu can fall into brostep tendencies.

Some other artists of note:

Actress

Benga

Boxcutter (lot of IDM influences, probably my fav overall)

Broken Note

Burial

Demdike Stare

Distance

Dusk & Blackdown

ERP

Hatcha & Kromestar

James Blake

Kode 9

Milanese

Mount Kimbie

Peverelist

Pinch

Ramadanman

RSD

Schubert

Shackleton

Silkie

Starkey

TRG

Untold

Vex'd

Zomby

Guest nene multiple assgasms

"brostep" has gotten a little silly, but skream is awesome and a dubstep originator.

Archived