IGNORED

Leeds United...

Guest Conor74

Guest Conor74

:shuriken:

On a side note, everyone should see the film "The Damned United". Fucking excellent.

The actor who played Clough was very good.

As for the film, interesting for football fans...but kinda much ado about nothing. He went to Leeds, he was very vain, the players were strong minded, they clashed, they had a terrible start to the season, and he got the bullet. Then again I guess a lot of films could be reduced to that.

:shuriken:

On a side note, everyone should see the film "The Damned United". Fucking excellent.

The actor who played Clough was very good.

As for the film, interesting for football fans...but kinda much ado about nothing. He went to Leeds, he was very vain, the players were strong minded, they clashed, they had a terrible start to the season, and he got the bullet. Then again I guess a lot of films could be reduced to that.

Exactly - maybe I should have said everyone in this thread?

dont watch the film and believe everything you see and hear - dont even read the book and believe what you read .. watch the Documentary (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t61h7) it tells you exactly what went on and has footage from the time

its a known fact the author (Dave Pearce)used his artistic licence on more then bit in the book, he said so himself.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Dirty Protest

Very limited appeal i know, but a decent chap over at The Square Ball just uploaded this video of Howard Wilkinsons 2nd division winning side. Hear quality analysis like "Fitness has a lot to do with fitness". Link.

dd7e36c622a0abd14d0b7110.L.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest Dirty Protest

I would have taken mid table at Christmas.Didnt seem like it at the time, but conceding 4 goals against Cardiff was the best thing that could have happened.

tt_image_470787.jpg

1 Queens Park Rangers 21 11 8 2 22 41

2 Leeds United 22 11 5 6 4 38

3 Cardiff City 21 11 4 6 13 37

4 Swansea City 22 11 4 7 9 37

5 Norwich City 22 10 6 6 5 36

6 Coventry City 22 10 4 8 4 34

7 Reading 21 7 9 5 7 30

8 Nottingham Forest 20 7 9 4 7 30

9 Derby County 22 9 3 10 6 30

10 Watford 21 8 6 7 5 30

Got to remember not to have optimism. The inevitable post xmas slump is still to come.

Edit: Football has just made me forget of got flu running out of every hole. Becchio signs new contract

Guest Conor74

Heading over for the Arsenal cup game. Classic day tripper stuff. Got ticket through Arsenal season ticket holder, so at least I don't feel as bad as if I was denying some hardened Leeds supporter their day in the sun. I fully expect them to be badly exposed, notwithstanding their recent great run and the warm feeling from Becchio's news.

On the very off chance Leeds score, or pull a result like the trip to Old Trafford last season, anyone know how Arsenal fans react to someone punching the air in their midst? They seem like a cultured and broad minded lot, so I don't expect darts and bottles of piss at least. But I know it's frowned on...

Guest Dirty Protest

I went to the scum game, best day out ever. Arsenal is only 4 stops away from me on the train, but I dont want to go as I think theyre going to destroy us. Thing about last year was we were playing with 12 men, the 12th man being Wes Brown, Arsenal have no-one in their team as bad as him. But i'ld loved to be proved wrong.

Its easy to be in the away end when your winning;just sitting, smiling and shaking your head in what to them seems to them like an ironic fashion. When everyones going mental and your sitting like someones just pissed in your xmas diner, thats when they know youre an away fan.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Conor74

When everyones going mental and your sitting like someones just pissed in your xmas diner, thats when they know youre an away fan.

Was just yards away from the massed banks of Leeds fans. Held out until the Leeds goal, then I think those sitting around me snagged I was a Leeds fan. But they seemed fine about it, I wasn't exactly standing on the seat twirling a teeshirt over my head. Couple of Yorkshiremen in the row behind me made no bones about it. But again no aggro. And around the ground after there was a very low police presence, both sets of supporters were mingling freely, all good spirits. Then met up with a good few Leeds fans, friends, and friends of friends...and the rest of the day became a bit blurrier...

Archived