IGNORED

New tune [kaverne wk cpy]

encym

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

doooood, the beat is pretty fucking radical. nice work. Love love love the ending. not in love with the pad that much, it just needs a little something, I don't any tweak that would make the pad sound less old school would be nice but maybe just a little automated distortion or something on it would make it more fitting.

the beat is really good it could be an idm masterpiece if you get the synth work to sound more futuristic like the end. the end reminds me some of the synth work on o9 [Church Of The Ghetto P.C.]

other than that the beat could be manipulated a bit more it sounded kind like some of the automations on the beat or something were repeating too much or something like you could tweak the fine details more.

I honestly think this track is worth spending a week fine tweaking to perfection and it would be a futuristic idm masterpiece up there with the greats of my favorites

wrong, push the envelope a little harder and I will give you analingus encym. make it more futuristic idm bad ass and I will lick your butthole I promise

You guys are really great ... and funny ;-)

I agree I could work on this more - and I will; what it is is basically just a jam with some minor editing, which was the appeal to me for usually I always work very differently on the Machinedrum. (More detailed and fine-tuned)

doooood, the beat is pretty fucking radical. nice work. Love love love the ending. not in love with the pad that much, it just needs a little something, I don't any tweak that would make the pad sound less old school would be nice but maybe just a little automated distortion or something on it would make it more fitting.

the beat is really good it could be an idm masterpiece if you get the synth work to sound more futuristic like the end. the end reminds me some of the synth work on o9 [Church Of The Ghetto P.C.]

other than that the beat could be manipulated a bit more it sounded kind like some of the automations on the beat or something were repeating too much or something like you could tweak the fine details more.

I honestly think this track is worth spending a week fine tweaking to perfection and it would be a futuristic idm masterpiece up there with the greats of my favorites

Thanks for your input! Uploaded a new version, please do check it out!

http://soundcloud.com/encym/kaverne-wk-cpy

I definitely dig the new version, seems like the glitch percussion is more varied or polished now. I'm kind roasted and want to remix it real quick if you don't mind.

I definitely dig the new version, seems like the glitch percussion is more varied or polished now. I'm kind roasted and want to remix it real quick if you don't mind.

There's another new version coming with some hiccups ironed out that a nice gentlemen at Soundcloud was so kind to point out to me.

Will you remix it? Splendid! ;-)

sweet dude, keep on trying to push the envelope as hard as you can with this track. if you keep the same vibe and just try to make it as much of an idm masterpiece as you can, you can do wrong. Worst case scenario you decide to call an older version the keeper but I don't think you could mess this up.

I have had pretty good luck in the half an hour or so that I've worked on the track so far. I was punching in a beat into my looper on my other computer while it was silently recording through my main PC's firewire interface (had to hard wire two cables back into a different bus since download wasn't enabled on soundcloud lol) and the beat turned out to be really in context and at a perfectly cohesive tempo. Its coming along pretty well. I might be done tomorrow or the next day.

I hope you enjoy my interpretation as much as I am enjoying remixing this track. again I really like the atmosphere and depth of this tune.

new version has some nice changes for sure! nice work

just want to make sure you understand that I didn't want to remix this song because I didn't think you could perfect it or anything. you have done a great job, all 3 of versions are wicked and are release worthy :)

I just had not heard much tracks with this kind of vibe in a long time and it inspired me to put my 2 cents in on it.

I'm now positive you are going to love my interpretation, working very hard on it

its safe to say I have never worked this hard on a remix before. I am pretty pissed though.. I made some of the trippiest complex rhythm synth bass lines in context with the crazy varied percussion I had on it(which I have since made more a bit more repetitive) and my power went out after about an hour of work I could never duplicate. it is was pretty magical, very groovy but very IDM. :(

its safe to say I have never worked this hard on a remix before. I am pretty pissed though.. I made some of the trippiest complex rhythm synth bass lines in context with the crazy varied percussion I had on it(which I have since made more a bit more repetitive) and my power went out after about an hour of work I could never duplicate. it is was pretty magical, very groovy but very IDM. :(

OUCH.....

Just tell me if you need this downloadable! I'll switch that option on for you.

thanks but I recorded all three versions as soon as you posted in them and they have all been cut up in sequenced already. like I said I had to route my output one into my input 1 with 2 monster cable 1/4ths, muting input one for output 1 and using output 2 for monitoring. my firewire alesis interface wont let me record from master mix with a software selection alone. sampling that way sounds just as good (I guess it kinda uses my preamps a little) and now I can finally sample anything I want playing it from my pc in real time. (yes I know most people can just select record master mix but this took my dumb ass a bit to realize I should figure out)

this is really hurting my brain, I time stretched some percussion I made and its fucking firey groovy fast glitch hop but I couldn't figure out the time signature its repeating its really weird but somehow extremely head-bob-alicious. I'm going to transpose it to 5/4 I guess cause its impossible to sequence melodies to some of this shit. I made some really wicked arpeggios after like 2 hours of work and then I just deleted them because they aren't quite in context with the futuristic vibe.

its definitely extremely challenging trying to make melodic components while trying maintain an uber legitimate futuristic aesthetic

this is really hurting my brain, I time stretched some percussion I made and its fucking firey groovy fast glitch hop but I couldn't figure out the time signature its repeating its really weird but somehow extremely head-bob-alicious. I'm going to transpose it to 5/4 I guess cause its impossible to sequence melodies to some of this shit. I made some really wicked arpeggios after like 2 hours of work and then I just deleted them because they aren't quite in context with the futuristic vibe.

its definitely extremely challenging trying to make melodic components while trying maintain an uber legitimate futuristic aesthetic

To be honest, I don't know what time signature it is either (and I played guitar in odd-time avan bands for years). I don't want to know, I feel it mainly as a "stumbling" beat. I don't work to any particular time grid either, which is why the next version is taking forever.

awesome, I really respect working off the grid and just trying to make what you think sounds good. I have done it a few rare times and I know how challenging it can be just trying to get things to groove together. After you might have worked forever and made some amazing percussion or what have you. all of sudden now you have to coordinate another element in there and its like uhh how to I make these dance together? Definitely can be incredibly ambitious trying to make things not even repeat how long the measures are etc. which makes me glad I don't make IDMish complex stuff all the time.

I actually ended up really remixing this pretty drastically surprisingly being that I loved the original so much. All I'm using is a few 20 second-ish sections of the ambient stuff and like 5 seconds of the percussion beat heavily cut up and moved around differently as a sort of glitch rhythm melody in the backdrop. So yeah none of the rhythmic grooves that you have were really copied and used in my version its all been cut up and rearranged to completely different new in forefront percussion.

I am just really surprised I was able to start basically all brand new main percussion sounds and really keep it in context with the track considering I have never really made a track that's this glitch hop futuristic braindance as this.

Its finally coming along and making sense after lots of headaches. I'm almost ready to bounce this reaper project mix out (as its got like 38 separate audio tracks, all with VSTs and so many little edits its been crashing almost every hour. I have never put this much stress on a DAW) and add some final touches and show you my radically different but similar styled interpretation! I'm excited

awesome, I really respect working off the grid and just trying to make what you think sounds good. I have done it a few rare times and I know how challenging it can be just trying to get things to groove together. After you might have worked forever and made some amazing percussion or what have you. all of sudden now you have to coordinate another element in there and its like uhh how to I make these dance together? Definitely can be incredibly ambitious trying to make things not even repeat how long the measures are etc. which makes me glad I don't make IDMish complex stuff all the time.

I actually ended up really remixing this pretty drastically surprisingly being that I loved the original so much. All I'm using is a few 20 second-ish sections of the ambient stuff and like 5 seconds of the percussion beat heavily cut up and moved around differently as a sort of glitch rhythm melody in the backdrop. So yeah none of the rhythmic grooves that you have were really copied and used in my version its all been cut up and rearranged to completely different new in forefront percussion.

I am just really surprised I was able to start basically all brand new main percussion sounds and really keep it in context with the track considering I have never really made a track that's this glitch hop futuristic braindance as this.

Its finally coming along and making sense after lots of headaches. I'm almost ready to bounce this reaper project mix out (as its got like 38 separate audio tracks, all with VSTs and so many little edits its been crashing almost every hour. I have never put this much stress on a DAW) and add some final touches and show you my radically different but similar styled interpretation! I'm excited

Listen Quick! Here's a newer version:

http://soundcloud.com/encym/kaverne-itrct

Really keen to hear your remix! Post it as soon's it's finished please!

I'm excited!

'tis perfect as it is

Cheers - I altered it anyway. Check it out when you get time: http://soundcloud.com/encym/kaverne-itrct

Thanks again!

I'm dying to hear Blanket Fort Collapse's remix, but in the meantime, anyone else interested in doing a remix??

Or givin' comments, of COURSE! ;-)

Archived