IGNORED

Rekkid Shoaps In Melbourne

ravedamage

Soooo...notice there are a couple of Melbournites on here...Pigster & Echo, am looking at you (kids)....am gonna be stuck here for a couple o weeks visiting family, with a week in NZ visiting some Scottish homeboyszzzz.

Anything good vinyl-wise? Did some web searches but they're a bit vague....also any decent charidee shops...?

Have had some good scores from charity shops, be good to know...

Anyway, AUSTRALIA. It's on the other side of the world, don'tcha know?

dixon's on brunswick st in fitzroy is a good place to start! and also missing link on bourke st in the city. both of those places should have a copy of "diggin' melbourne" which is a free guide to all of the best record stores in and around melbourne, that should give you more than enough places to look at!

dixon's on brunswick st in fitzroy is a good place to start! and also missing link on bourke st in the city. both of those places should have a copy of "diggin' melbourne" which is a free guide to all of the best record stores in and around melbourne, that should give you more than enough places to look at!

Nice wan, thanks.

Did find a mag called Beat, outside an 'alternative' clothing store in Elsternwick, which was full of gig dates...only gig I saw that appealed is Buck 65 on 16th of September, tho the last thing I liked/bought by him was Square in 2002. May be worth a punt.

Are there any local acts that are worth checking out...considered unmissable due to being shit-hot or just hilariously inept?

It also mentioned a record fair on Sunday in Ellesdon...are they usually shit, like the smaller ones in Scotland/England tend to be?

Nice wan, thanks.

Did find a mag called Beat, outside an 'alternative' clothing store in Elsternwick, which was full of gig dates...only gig I saw that appealed is Buck 65 on 16th of September, tho the last thing I liked/bought by him was Square in 2002. May be worth a punt.

Are there any local acts that are worth checking out...considered unmissable due to being shit-hot or just hilariously inept?

It also mentioned a record fair on Sunday in Ellesdon...are they usually shit, like the smaller ones in Scotland/England tend to be?

umm, depends on how long you're here for.. if you'll be here on the 8th of october, i highly recommend going to this:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=127940260586553&ref=mf

there's a very nice chiptune scene in melbourne, friendly people too! alas i'll be in perth at that time so it's a no go for me!

as for gigs in the next couple of weeks, well there's not a lot idm-wise in melbourne but if something comes up i'll let you know. i'm always going to see bands though so if you're into non-electronic stuff too i can point you in the right direction.

actually just looked on facebook, an awesome band called baptism of uzi are playing on the 19th of september, they're a prog/kraut style band. awesome stuff.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=137259342984686&ref=mf

and re: record fair, do you mean this?

http://www.threethousand.com.au/out/essendon-record-and-cd-fair-2/

i might check it out, i'm pretty sure it'll be quite large.

Nice wan, thanks.

umm, depends on how long you're here for.. if you'll be here on the 8th of october, i highly recommend going to this:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=127940260586553&ref=mf

there's a very nice chiptune scene in melbourne, friendly people too! alas i'll be in perth at that time so it's a no go for me!

as for gigs in the next couple of weeks, well there's not a lot idm-wise in melbourne but if something comes up i'll let you know. i'm always going to see bands though so if you're into non-electronic stuff too i can point you in the right direction.

actually just looked on facebook, an awesome band called baptism of uzi are playing on the 19th of september, they're a prog/kraut style band. awesome stuff.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=137259342984686&ref=mf

and re: record fair, do you mean this?

http://www.threethousand.com.au/out/essendon-record-and-cd-fair-2/

i might check it out, i'm pretty sure it'll be quite large.

Cool, thanks...yep that is the fair I saw, will definitely go regardless, as I'll need a break from the relatives & I got half a suitcase to fill.

Am heading back on the 2nd of October, sadly, but feel free to let me know of any other shows....it ain't all about the IDM...

Will check out Baptism of Uzi site/sounds, just for the great name alone...thanks again for the input!

Archived