IGNORED

sequencing (midi)

Guest Friedrich Nachos

Guest Friedrich Nachos

im fucking tired of cubase sx those little squares and drum grid are reaaally not intuitive. i was wondering if you guys could give me advice on other more intuitive and fast ways to sequence complex drum tracks. i was thinking a drum machine or something, but i still want to have control over the velocity and be able to move the notes a little bit and not have it hard-quantized to 16ths or whatever.

by the way, id like to sequence sounds in a s5000 akai.

I HATE POINTING SHIT WITH MY MOUSE AND CLICKING AND DRAGGING AND OPENING WINDOWS

ARG

Guest Friedrich Nachos

no man i still need to use cubase to record audio.

i need a hardware sequencer to seuqence my hardware sampler and then record to cubase.

Guest Friedrich Nachos

hmm i want to use my s5000 lol

do you mean sequence in renoise and send midi data to my s5000? is that possible? all while rrecording in cubase?? hmm

i also heard that pc midi sequencing (like cubase) isnt as tight as the old hardare seqs like the mc50 or the atari...

Guest Iain C
flstudio has one of the best piano rolls i've used, but that's not much.

Yeah, I love that fucker. If I could get that piano roll into Ableton I'd be so bloody productive....

i also heard that pc midi sequencing (like cubase) isnt as tight as the old hardare seqs like the mc50 or the atari...

Well, if you're sending long ass sysex messages that you're unaware of, it can potentially slow down productivity. I don't see how the older sequencers could be tighter as a computer is just more capable of everything...

Guest Analogue Wings

Hardware seqs sound "tighter" cos they have lower resolution, ie fewer pulses per quarternote (ppq), therefore your notes are more likely to be on a beat, therefore tighter..

if that makes any sense...

Yeah h/w sequencers are great... I might get another one soon...

QY700 is an obvious choice... Can pick 'em up on the cheap sometimes...

It's what squarepusher and Arovane sequence in.

If Renoise had basic audio recording it would make my life much easier... As it is, I have to work between Renoise, SX3, and a load of h/w...

Archived