IGNORED

Technical question regarding wireless internet

funkaholic

I have just reset my wireless box and set it all up as it was playing up. I have a Netgear Rangemax box.

Under wireless settings there is the option Mode, and it says this:

"Mode

Select the desired wireless mode. The options are:

Up to 54 Mbps - Legacy Mode with maximum speed of up to 54 Mbps for b/g networks.

Up to 130 Mbps - Neighbor Friendly Mode - Default speed up to 130 Mbps in presence of neighboring wireless networks.

Up to 270 Mbps - Performance Mode - Maximum Wireless-N speed up to 270 Mbps.

Selecting the right Wireless Mode optimizes the performance of your wireless network while reducing wireless interference. Select 130 Mbps if there are several strong wireless signals in your neighborhood. Select 270 Mbps if there are only few neighboring wireless networks and you want to get the maximum possible Wireless-N speeds."

This technical stuff scares me a bit, which one do I want? On average my computer picks up between 5-8 wireless signals if that helps in anyway. Live in a two floor flat usually with 2 other computers using the same wireless connection.

THANKS

hah, one of my favourite arpanet songs! should of listened to this while sorting out the wireless and done all in slow motion and got the wifey over to lay in my bed in the background in just her bra and knickers.

Archived