IGNORED

gregory isaacs: studio albums or anthologies?

Guest tht tne

Guest tht tne

i've not been big on lovers' rock previously but if he was good enough for lucid rhythms to remix him he's good enough to investigate: studio or anthologies?

Guest tht tne

also a personal "boo" to lucid rhythms from me for going dubstep, should've listened to the track before i assumed it was typically excellent dubwise styles

compilations/anthologies/best-ofs

something i would say holds true for most reggae actually is that it is better when consumed in well selected anthologies. trojan records have a huge number of themed 3CD boxsets (which come actual nice 2CD sized boxes) of the real good stuff available. i have three(or 9 CDs); roots, dub, and abyssinians-related spiritual shit.

tl;dr - you can't go too far wrong with trojan records compilations.

also a personal "boo" to lucid rhythms from me for going dubstep, should've listened to the track before i assumed it was typically excellent dubwise styles

you just had to ruin a good thread with tht tne negs :closedeyes:

Guest tht tne

compilations/anthologies/best-ofs

something i would say holds true for most reggae actually is that it is better when consumed in well selected anthologies. trojan records have a huge number of themed 3CD boxsets (which come actual nice 2CD sized boxes) of the real good stuff available. i have three(or 9 CDs); roots, dub, and abyssinians-related spiritual shit.

tl;dr - you can't go too far wrong with trojan records compilations.

i wonder which is the best cool ruler anthology available... the only song i've knowingly heard of his is night nurse, covered by a non-reggae band (phish)

i have those trojan dub box sets, and the ragga one as well... i would have to agree that reggae and dancehall are better anthologized, love riddim driven

Archived