IGNORED

Moon Wiring Club - A Spare Tabby At The Cat's Wedding

Caretstik

From Blank Workshop:

The fourth MWC album is 22 tracks of prime Confusing English Electronic Music. The cd booklet contains all manner of delightful oddments, it's a welcome addition to anybody's listening library, and quite possibly it's a more focused sound... you could even dance to parts of it. But rest assured it's very very odd in places.

The music contained on the LP version of ASTATCW is entirely different to that of the same name contained on the cd. The vinyl is housed in thick cardboard inner & outer sleeves with full colour, delirious and delightful artwork. It's been made in reasonably limited quantities, is unlightly to be repressed and there are no plans for it to be released in any other format. Sent to you in a sturdy cardboard envelope with 'stiffener'. Yes. Price includes postage.

Link and preorders.

Also, a bit more info at Cafe Kaput.

Guest Lucy Faringold

Love the care and attention that this dude puts into creating both the music and the world that it comes from. Just pre-ordered the bundle too - very excited for this release. The intimations of a puzzle to be solved across the two formats is most intriguing.

Very impressed that he seems to put it all out through his own website too. Part of me thinks that if he was signed to Ghost Box he'd have a much higher profile but I'm glad that he doesn't have to limit his vision to fit their aesthetic. Encouraging that folk can still put out their music as a labour of love and make a go of it - I hope this release does really well.

Love the care and attention that this dude puts into creating both the music and the world that it comes from. Just pre-ordered the bundle too - very excited for this release. The intimations of a puzzle to be solved across the two formats is most intriguing.

Very impressed that he seems to put it all out through his own website too. Part of me thinks that if he was signed to Ghost Box he'd have a much higher profile but I'm glad that he doesn't have to limit his vision to fit their aesthetic. Encouraging that folk can still put out their music as a labour of love and make a go of it - I hope this release does really well.

Couldn't have put it better myself. And from a genuine cottage industry he's still made quite a name for himself without creating his own hype or gimmicky publicity, and based solely on the merits of the music and the aesthetic he's created. Even if the music on the CD and vinyl were identical I'd still have ordered both for the reasons you mentioned. I also appreciate his announcing his releases without too much notice, so none of that Warp-style hanging around for months on end waiting for the records to come out (or leak), I seem to remember he did that with the last album as well.

Bundle preordered here too, looking forward to it arriving.

Ian Hodgson did an interview on Resonance FM a few days back (part of "Weird Tales for Halloween"), explaining why the CD and vinyl are different, yet similar. Quite an amusing interview.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, bundle arrived last Saturday.

The CD is great. I've yet to play the vinyl (currently without a deck), although I've heard good things about it.

Has your bundle not turned up yet?

No, still no sign. Had a really friendly and helpful reply to my email from Ian Hodgson though. I'm pretty certain that the problem lies with anyone other than Blank Workshop, never had any trouble at all ordering the other MWC albums. I'm getting really desperate for these records now though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived