• 1 week
    • 1 month (you know who you are)
  6. 6. How Bad Do You Let It Get?

• It's Hermetic
    • I keep it clean
    • I clean up the messes
    • I clean up the messes, eventually
    • If I can see the counter, it's a good day

well every once and while i don't like to do my dishes immediately. i'll stick them in the sink, toss some water/soap on em and then proceed to eat my meal/relax for a bit. i don't find it neccessary to do my dishes right away all the time and regardless of how little time it takes to do them i would still rather take that small amount of time to do something i do enjoy. i'll do the fucking dishes later, get off my back and stop judging me for no reason. there are numerous reasons for not doing dishes right away. i ain't gonna leave for days for some other jerk to clean but i'm not putting them on the top of my priority list. other shit comes first. this doesn't make me less of a person.

but why do they need to be in the sink? What if someone wants a drink of water whilst you're doing this relaxing thing that you are talking about. Firstly they risk getting splash-back from someone's mealtime detritus. And secondly if there's enough stuff in the sink they can't even hold the glass upright, so have to suffer the indignity of going to the bathroom for some water.

I'll book you in for re-education as soon as i can, you clearly have the mental disconnect.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to wash dishes after every meal or wash as I go while I'm cooking so there's seldom anything in the sink. I have nasty ass roommates though. In the past, I've been gone for like a week and come back to rancid containers of Chunky soup on the kitchen counter and stacks of plates in the sink, sometimes with maggots in them. :barf:

Why the fuck would I stack the dishes in the sink when I could just reach over and put it in the dishwasher?

Lazy cunts, wtf.

the kitchen is so fucking impossible to stay on top of.... i spent saturday cleaning it and it's a dump right now. it's doubly hard with a wife that doesnt really put anything back that she gets out of the pantry or cabinets. when i cook i try to clean as i go, but all it takes is ONE slipup... maybe for lunch... you leave a soup pot on the stove... and then it's a rapid downard spiral from there.

That's like the 'one broken window' idea in a neighborhood. The entire block goes to shit in a matter of months after that.

I like to wash dishes after every meal or wash as I go while I'm cooking so there's seldom anything in the sink.

I do this.

When I cook a meal, you won't be able to tell I had cooked it by the time I'm done with it. Everything is washed in downtime.

That's my approach too - most of my housemates are pretty decent about it too but some of them are sloppy buggers. I find the older I get the less tolerant I am of living like some hippy.

You've got to learn to compromise. I tend to have the highest kitchen standards in a shared house, and it just causes too much stress otherwise. I did have a habit of pissing and shitting all over my housemates beds though, but once I explained I was prepared to compromise by pissing and shitting all over their bedroom floors instead, they were happy. People have little foibles that you've got to respect, even when their pathetic, infantile, lazy, cunty little lives impede on yours for no good reason. You've just got to relax and be zen. Or you could stab then in the neck with a homemade weapon hastily fashioned from wire hanger, cellotape and razor blades, repeatedly punching your hand into their eviscerated throat until it's impossible to tell where your forearm ends and what is left of their oesophagus begins. And no sane jury would convict for this crime of passion.

Guest hahathhat

And no sane jury would convict for this crime of passion.

and, as we know, jury duty ropes in the sanest, most level citizens out there.

Archived