IGNORED

A little electronic song i made for my girlfriend

Guest Sadsic

Quite an interesting intro with the small room ambience, felt like I was hearing a tiny audience clapping, I like

the overall ambience of this and the majority of the sampling work although I wish it hadn't become quite as riotous at 1.30 odds with the kind of shouting/rapping type samples, slightly intruded on what was otherwise quite an atmospheric build up,although oddly they work nearer the end, when it's much more noisy. Maybe I just need the time to get used to it. Pretty interesting track all the same. So good overall, the only thing was perhaps just a little more care with your reverb work, the beats feel a wee bit lost in the overall mix, although if that's the intention it's cool.

i agree - the first minute and a half is really nice, but the rest is almost unlistenable for me due to the digitally overdriven noisiness of it all.

honestly your tracks hit me in the same place boards of canada do, more so than any other artist i've heard. really fucking great stuff, man! i'm in love.

honestly your tracks hit me in the same place boards of canada do, more so than any other artist i've heard. really fucking great stuff, man! i'm in love.

well thanks! boards of canada is my favorite musical act out there so thats a big compliment for me. ive actually been thinking lately of taking a bunch of boc rarities out there (like sandsings, poppy seed, orange romeda, etc.), making a bunch of my own interludes, then taping it all together, putting it up on torrent sites, and trying to pass it off as a new boards of canada album >_>

Guest Clipwave

Agreed with the others that the vocal samples get very distracting on the first one. The beat's pretty cool though, and some of the gurgling sounds remind me of Mouse on Mars' work on Glam (which is of course a good thing).

I can also see where the BoC comment comes from; between the children's samples and the pitch modulation, you're definitely going for a similar vibe, but I'm glad that the drums are slightly more present than a lot of BoC stuff - it's similar but not the same.

Basically, cool stuff.

you guys are strokin' my ego real nice

yall want me to make ya a special song

im takin requests on how yall want it to sound like

• 2 weeks later...

Archived