IGNORED

Joey Beltram - Aonox

Guest ruiagnelo

I've got mixed feeling about this one: I think it's both a much overlooked and underrated album, and a second rate polygon window-wannabee album at the same time. If it was released in '91 instead of '94 I'd consider it brilliant. So in short: it's good, but sounds like a proto-aphex rip-off.

Still very good though. :aphexsign:

an over looked gem

ambient techno as it twas called back in the day

if you like this check out Atom Hart (Uwe Schmidt), Jonah Sharp, Move D, Higher Intelligence Agency, Steve Stoll and any Namlook collaborations with these guys

Guest ruiagnelo

if you like this check out Atom Hart (Uwe Schmidt), Jonah Sharp, Move D, Higher Intelligence Agency, Steve Stoll and any Namlook collaborations with these guys

Love them all, apart from Steve Stoll, whose work i am not familiar with.

Which records should i get?

all the ones on the FAX label :happy:

Guest Hanratty

all the ones on the FAX label :happy:

Steve Stoll is a good comparison because his straight techno stuff fits well with Beltram's more minimal sound. and they both dipped a toe into ambient. I like the techno he did for the Sm;le label, especially Pacemaker.

I am not really digging these tracks. Beltram is brilliant, but more for his hard techno I think.

Archived