IGNORED

First track on WATMM - Drillnbass

DerWaschbar

This is my first WATMM music post. It's a couple years old, I transposed and modulated a guitar chord from the beginning of feist's 'One evening' and I manipulated some samples from Bobby Mcferrin's take on 'Another night in Tunisia' in the beginning there. Anyways, the whole Tunisian/Middle East crisis made me think of it again. Enjoy:

Guest TraiT

I think it sounds cool- I didn't expect the middle section where the beat comes in because the beginning was kind of long, but I liked the beginning, the sample manipulation is cool. There's something the snare keeps doing- kind of an elongated beat repeat- that just doesn't feel like it fits too well. Elsewise good job

i like how tranquil this feels despite all the things going on

Thank you! I've a special place for busy music rooted in outer space, so it's nice to hear.

I think it sounds cool- I didn't expect the middle section where the beat comes in because the beginning was kind of long, but I liked the beginning, the sample manipulation is cool. There's something the snare keeps doing- kind of an elongated beat repeat- that just doesn't feel like it fits too well. Elsewise good job

Yeah, I've always have trouble with the introduction on a song and I think I went overboard with this one. As for the drums, I think I try to make things overly complex for the sake of it, which I'm trying to work on.

I really appreciate the thoughtful feedback, thank you!

Beautiful intro and great beat programming.

I know exactly what you mean about trying to overcomplicate beats. I do this myself and in the end I end up deleting half of it.

If I was you I would definitely turn the beat up a bit and add a nasty sub bassline.

Beautiful intro and great beat programming.

I know exactly what you mean about trying to overcomplicate beats. I do this myself and in the end I end up deleting half of it.

If I was you I would definitely turn the beat up a bit and add a nasty sub bassline.

Thanks a lot Squee! I get too attached to all my work when programming beats and have a hard time pulling the trigger. I think your right with the suggestions on the levels and the bass, but sadly the guts of this track are buried on an old, possibly broken HD, somewhere in my moms basement 5000km from here. Maybe some day I'll get the motivation to dig it up when I'm visiting.

Beautiful. I like your beat and atmosphere in a track.

and female voice.. Whence it? She speaks about great earthquake and main recesses in the world. it in russian.

Thank you! It's from the movie Stalker, one of my favourites. I can't speak russian, but when I saw the subtitles I immediately took a note of the play time and returned later to snatch it up. I can't remember the full script, but it was wickedly dark and prophetic.

Beautiful. I like your beat and atmosphere in a track.

and female voice.. Whence it? She speaks about great earthquake and main recesses in the world. it in russian.

Thank you! It's from the movie Stalker, one of my favourites. I can't speak russian, but when I saw the subtitles I immediately took a note of the play time and returned later to snatch it up. I can't remember the full script, but it was wickedly dark and prophetic.

wickedly dark and prophetic - yes it's. :) It sounds good in your track.

Stalker is a great movie. Good choice!

Guest ezkerraldean

quite a fan of this! i'd perhaps reequalise some of it (make amens louder!) but it might just be soundcloud making it sound off lol

Archived