IGNORED

Canucks Win Presidents Cup

essines

Best record in the NHL. Division, Conference and League champs. I hope they're making room in the trophy case for Lord Stanley. It's been a while since the team that won the Presidents Cup won the big one.

We are unbeatable

Thank you, Master Satan.

Hail.

It will be interesting to see if the Canucks can translate their regular season success into the playoffs. Didn't go too well for the Caps last year. I have a feeling they feel a little too entitled to get it done. The West is no joke this year and whichever teams make it to the dance, can beat eachother up in seven game series.

Here's hoping to a third straight elimination by the Hawks (if they even make the playoffs :facepalm: )

Well regular season hockey and playoff hockey are two different sports. Fuck the hawks. there is no way they can touch vancouver. but we will see how hard the nucks choke (or swallow) in the post season. point is our record at the moment is fucking fantastic. untouchable. let me bask in it for a few more days!

couldnt you just wait a week and have the epic Play off thread?

Na well done canucks. i think it'll be a nucks vs flyers final this year.

my beloved penguins have been battered (but winning) for the last 33 games w/o crosby or malkin (or cooke lol) lucky flower is smoking hot for most of the season and surely going to be the Vezina Trophy winner.

also the eastern looks tight - http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=con but no doubt we'll get tampa in the first round.

A) this forum is for fucking football, and so this will get moved

B) the nucks setting their fans up for the biggest disappointment in recent history

C) that is all

Yeah, apparently a team hasn't won the presidents and then stanleys for like 20 years or some shit. but at least we got this. at least we aren't edmonton lol. who we lost to last night.

epic playoff thread in, what, 11 or so days?

A) this forum is for fucking football, and so this will get moved

i was drunk and got annoyed at the football forum cause it wasn't a hockey forum. lol.

lol at getting annoyed at the football forum whilst drunk...

That's right you're not Edmonton, you're short 5 of Lord Stanley.

ps the last team to win the president's trophy and the stanley cup were the Red Wings in 2008. I almost* hope the canucks win it, y'all are some long-suffering fans...

*almost

oh, sorry, i was listening to john shorthouse yesterday, apparently his take was that the last team to take it was calgary sometime in the 80s or something?? i don't know, he's an idiot and i was drinking!

5 stanley cups don't save you from last place!

lol yeah I know, we've been a sad bunch ever since we let Ryan Smith go (well we were sad before then, but that was like, the straw that broke the camel's back).

and i should also say that one epic season and a presidents cup win doesn't give you a stanley cup.

BUT I HAVE HOPE. BANKSY GET IN HERE AND MAKE SOME LAME POSTER FOR THE CANUCKS.

Goddamnit, Hawks shutout by the Bolts. Fuck are they making it hard for themselves. Four games left and they need to win 2 of them to have a good chance of getting in. It wasn't too long ago since the Canes didn't make the playoffs after winning the Cup. Hope the Hawks don't succeed in that dubious feat.

forgive me in being eastern division and a pens fan... but the pens have put in so much this season basically being Wilkes-Barre/Scranton for around 31_ games and winning by single goals sometimes.

malkins out for the rest of the season crosbys out for god knows when. its going to be great if we get past the first round.

If I was a Pens fan I would be worried that Crosby is one concussion away from having to retire if he doesn't want to become a drooling senior before the age 30. Otherwise there have been too many concussions this season and general lack of respect among players and the league disciplinary actions have been inconsistent at best. If a player injures someone with a reckless hit, have them sit out at least a 10 game minimum so the lost wages will hurt and have them really think about it.

well look at Matt Cooke. banned for 10 games and first round of the play-offs for a elbow to the head. so i think the NHL are cracking down on it. but even accidental checks could very well concuss players

the concussion Crosby got against Washington in the Winter Classic IMO was accidental. but the one that made him miss 35+ games against the bolts was a cheap shot and Hedman only got a 2 minute boarding minor and that was it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3mrw2eWLOo

The only reason they came down on cooke was because of his reputation. he is a repeat offender and already had a few dubious hits in the season. it's bullshit. i think they should have made chara sit for a few games even though his was more of an accident/shitty play, but he got dick. punish one punish all.

Archived