IGNORED

Playin a little guitar again

Guest Alex0112

Guest Alex0112

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Guess this track deserves a bit more work. Definitely want to flesh it out a bit..add some more variation to the beat and the guitar line at the end.

@sheatheman- Glad you enjoyed it! ...really wish I could go in depth with what I'm doing harmonically...but my music theory is pretty shit.

Guest Alex0112

I keep coming back to this! I hope you finish it up so i can catalog this jam.

Thanks a lot man! I always find it hard to go back and finish a track after I export it no matter how un-finished it is. Once that original creative flow for the track is done..I usually want to just move on. But it means a lot that you keep comin back, so I'll do some work!

I uploaded another track you may dig if you like that one:

http://soundcloud.com/the-yfc/solar-winds

Guest beeb21

i really dig the guitar loop even though the style reminded me of a musician i liked when i was 12 or sometn called mike einziger. the problem is, he's in this band called incubus :emotawesomepm9:

@sheatheman- Glad you enjoyed it! ...really wish I could go in depth with what I'm doing harmonically...but my music theory is pretty shit.

It's minor to start off with, some Phrygian in the beginning. phrygian is a minor scale with a flat second. the notes you play and the order you play them in just gives a nice open feel over all.

Guest Alex0112

It's minor to start off with, some Phrygian in the beginning. phrygian is a minor scale with a flat second. the notes you play and the order you play them in just gives a nice open feel over all.

Thanks for clarifying man! I've always taken my good ear for granted...I think I could take my playing to the next level with some theory knowledge. It's so hard to sit down and teach myself though.

Thanks for clarifying man! I've always taken my good ear for granted...I think I could take my playing to the next level with some theory knowledge. It's so hard to sit down and teach myself though.

It's easy to pick out how things are being done with some theory. Modes are probably one of the most useful things you can know. It's a snap to learn too. A C major scale is made of seven notes. Start on each note individually and play the notes in the C major scale up an octave (ie:DEFGABCD or FGABCDEF). C is Ionian, D is Dorian, E is Phrygian, F is Lydian, G is Myxolydian, A is Aeolian, B is Locrian. Try it out and listen for the variations.

Archived