IGNORED

I covered "Pissed Up in SE1"

Guest EskimoSpy

Guest EskimoSpy

Sacrilege! I know. But I wanted to do it! Really love this track. As I'm among friends I thought I'd share it with you all.

It's a bit of an adaptation. What do'ya think sirs?

this is very tasteful. Covers need to be less stigmatized in electronic music. I think the problem with a lot of people's covers is that they try to emulate the original song too much(imagine somebody doing a cover of this with a roland emulation VSTs, with the basic sequencing pattern as the original, but modulating parameters willy nilly, we would call it trash, and for good reason), and it just sounds bad in comparison to the original. In this case, and in some others, we see somebody who has a unique style of their own established, and is applying the song's essence to their canvas, using their unique pallet.

Guest EskimoSpy

Well... I have to admit I was bracing for impact when I posted this. I'm so glad you get it. I'm working on my own adaptations of On, Analogue Bubblebath 1, and Canticle Drawl as well. I had a lot of fun doing this one, and this is all the encouragement I needed to keep moving forward. Thanks for the kind words.

good to hear. There is nothing wrong with that kind of thing. Wisp posted his SAW2 remixes on here and RDJ ended up playing them in live sets, and then later he was signed to rephlex. Your name will not be tainted for this kind of thing, don't worry.

Guest EskimoSpy

Thanks again! When I figure out the derivatives/royalties I'll be releasing an EP of these together. I'll throw it up here when it's done.

Guest tht tne

i like the parts best that are beatless, could listen for hours on end to something just like the beginning and first minute or so

Archived