IGNORED

sound of the transformers

huzur

It's hard to resist the big bucks, especially when it means it can fund your own private projects for years (if you are wise with your money).

the money is so good (hourly rates are insane for CG movie work) that i can see how it becomes irresistible at a certain point. I just know very little people who have been able to disconnect themselves and focus on their own project by applying the same amount of determination and energy.

the comments in that Vimeo video are quite interesting, there seems to be a pretty friendly debate going about how bad and soulless Michael Bay actually is and what it means to work for him

and of course the classic

post-403-0-82599300-1310420182_thumb.jpg

and a slightly more intelligent version of 'haters gonna hate'

post-403-0-69676700-1310420269_thumb.jpg

it never ceases to amaze me how so many people run to the defense of people like Michael Bay. The most common baseless defense seems to be 'if you dont like this, you dont know how to have fun at a movie' very very pathetic rebuttal imo

what i find pathetic is that if you already know what you're going to get and hate it why would you go get it anyway? how hard is it to accept that it's a different type of experience?

well sure, people who would line Michael bay's pockets with money and passionately complain about him are pathetic, however i can more than understand why his style of filmaking has caused so many film lovers to get angry at him on a very deep level

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

... The weaknesses in Bay's Transformers movies are much easier tolerate then say the acting, sterile no life CGI in the Star Wars prequels. It could be so much worse. I can deeply connect with artsy fartsy cream of the crop top shelf braindance art cinema but I usually don't enjoy that quite as much as I enjoyed turning on my inner 11 year old and watching the craziness in the last 45 minutes of Transformers 3. Fucking entertaining shit. I would find someone else to complain about. The Transformers movies aren't trying to be something they are not. So many less tolerable shitty fucking film makers who think they are trying to make Shakespeare on 35mm when it's actually complete Shitsphere.

It makes sense to me to argue that not all films should copy this formula, or if Michel Gondry started doing movies about robot wars, or if the Wes Andersons of the world started blowing shit up hardcore in the middle of Billy Murray trying on new mustaches, or to be outraged by too films that try to use completely computer generated sets and rarely have the actors away from a fucking green screen ala George Dubbledick Lucas.

There are still plenty of great film makers out there doing their shit right, making good money and created completely different types of films than the Michael Bay movies you don't have to support in any shape or form.

Archived