IGNORED

Dealing with Italy

Dragon

Guest Otto Krat

Dr5fi.gif

French-stereotype.jpg

CREDIBILITY DESTROYED

I like looking at Italian girls on Rai Uno with a lot of respect.

LOL, Rai ... Italian TV is the worst.

:emotawesomepm9:

But anyway you have a good point with italian TV and Berlusconi. :facepalm:

I was just the one pointing out the quality of Italian TV, someone else was talking about Berlusconi (who of course is the worst as well)

But I love Italy and I'm actually planning to go back there with a friend of mine at the moment. I haven't been there in ages. I'd love to see Ortona again (it's a smaller town somewhat close to Pescara, friends of ours used to live there, not sure if they still do) - You wouldn't have any idea as to what's the cheapest mean of transportation to pick? We were even considering going a good bit by bicycle. Although Ortona is like right in the Abruzzi ... maybe we could take a train for the more mountain-y areas. But I'm not even sure my friend wants to go to that place. The ocean was the main argument for her, I think.

Guest Otto Krat

I was just the one pointing out the quality of Italian TV, someone else was talking about Berlusconi (who of course is the worst as well)

But I love Italy and I'm actually planning to go back there with a friend of mine at the moment. I haven't been there in ages. I'd love to see Ortona again (it's a smaller town somewhat close to Pescara, friends of ours used to live there, not sure if they still do) - You wouldn't have any idea as to what's the cheapest mean of transportation to pick? We were even considering going a good bit by bicycle. Although Ortona is like right in the Abruzzi ... maybe we could take a train for the more mountain-y areas. But I'm not even sure my friend wants to go to that place. The ocean was the main argument for her, I think.

Bike, motocycle, car... the first being the nicest way to "feel" your environment, the lattest the best way to take the time to discover every village, every place where you stop by. Where are you coming from initially and how to you intend to get there? Do you want to rent or you're considering bringin your vehicle?

As for the sea, well, sea is never very far in that part of Italy, one side or another, so you can easily combine beaches ands mountains. My mother just got back from a travel in the Abruzzi where she just did that.

It'd be quite a journey - we could potentially take a train from our place (Düsseldorf) to the very low border of Germany for 20 euro each and then go on on our bikes, but if we really want to get down to Ortona that'd be an additional 700 kilometers and that's pretty insane. I mean, it's possible but then the majority of our trip would be the bike-part, which I'm not sure we want. Unfortunately, neither one of us has a driver's license which is pretty fail. Maybe there's some equally cheap offer for trains within Italy, we need zero comfort or luxury, any fast moving object would be fine ... I'd love to see how Ortona has changed in almost ten years, and we have friends there so we could potentially stay there a night or two. But how to get there (the cheapest way) is the question.

It'd be quite a journey - we could potentially take a train from our place (Düsseldorf) to the very low border of Germany for 20 euro each and then go on on our bikes, but if we really want to get down to Ortona that'd be an additional 700 kilometers and that's pretty insane. I mean, it's possible but then the majority of our trip would be the bike-part, which I'm not sure we want. Unfortunately, neither one of us has a driver's license which is pretty fail. Maybe there's some equally cheap offer for trains within Italy, we need zero comfort or luxury, any fast moving object would be fine ... I'd love to see how Ortona has changed in almost ten years, and we have friends there so we could potentially stay there a night or two. But how to get there (the cheapest way) is the question.

I hear there's plenty of empty people container loads, travelling back to Italy after dumping their load in Calais.

Guest Otto Krat

Then you should try to combine bike, trains, and (local) buses. I am pretty sure you can skip some regions (I mean, biking in the places that inspire you only, not all the way down to ortona which is far from germany!). Otherwise, you can camp, sleep in cheap bed and breakfast... a part from some remote places (or in the contrary turistics places), you should be fine (and cheap if you're clever).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived