IGNORED

Words on Milh fade-out

Guest diem

Dunno if anyone here's managed to work out what's being said REALLY quietly during the fade-out to Milh? I've wondered for a long time..

Guest sirch

i tried to figure this out myself once, but it's impossiblle, unless you know the source. i can only make out the first part, then it gets too quiet.

another track on that album has "i'm afraid their coming back!" in it. i think it's Extork... i like that.

but who's coming back? the Aliens? - 2012, man, 2012!! ;)

I hear that one as "Don't be afraid, they're coming back" but yes, who is??

I might be wrong but IMO these vocal samples give huge clues as to the 'meaning' of a track (whatever that means!) and the deeper they are in the mix the more one might get out of hearing them, which is why the Milh one gets to me so much. Like the fade on Pink Floyd's (nuclear) war-obsessed 'The Final Cut' that says "it will be quite hot, with temperatures expected to reach 5000° F" and the whispered "F*ck" on the lead-in to Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain".

Ah well, unless Ed or Andy ever give it up I think we'll never know..

Guest sirch

there's programs out there that remove vocals from tracks, so there must be one that does the same thing but the other way around and remove music but leave the vocal. if you did that with the track then you could turn it right up and listen to what was being said...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest likwid

For what it is worth Plaid once replied to an email I send them saying that the meaning of the text didn't matter and it was more a sound texture than anything else.

http://dfglove.wordpress.com/2010/06/13/questions-that-keep-me-awake-at-night-part-284-whats-going-on-at-the-end-of-milh/

I know that I will meet you again and that everything will happen once

again exactly as it did so long ago. Except that this time I will not

allow you to die. I will hold you in my arms, defending you against

the dark waters of death. Because this time I will remember

everything. I will remember that you have already died.

http://dfglove.wordp...he-end-of-milh/

I know that I will meet you again and that everything will happen once

again exactly as it did so long ago. Except that this time I will not

allow you to die. I will hold you in my arms, defending you against

the dark waters of death. Because this time I will remember

everything. I will remember that you have already died.

well fucking done that man!!

thanks for posting baph... interesting text!!

I actually stumbled across that blog post yesterday while listening to not for threes for the first time in a long while, at work, before I'd even seen this thread. I think I was actually searching for the lyrics to extork.

I actually stumbled across that blog post yesterday while listening to not for threes for the first time in a long while, at work, before I'd even seen this thread. I think I was actually searching for the lyrics to extork.

did you manage to find those lyrics to extork? - would be interested to read 'em...

we all know the 'chorus' bit. is it a chorus? prolly not, but the bit she sings over a few times...

but the 'verse', if you can call it that, is harder to hear.

Archived