IGNORED

Finished another EP

Guest nuclearaddict

Guest illfly mandog

Listening now. Sounds really taken care of, well produced.

I didn't really care for the first track. While the production is good, its a kind I'm not terribly fond of. A little "of the time" in that washed out, retro way. Second track warmed me up a bit to this stuff though. By the third I really started liking it! All in all, a good release. Don't think its for me though. I think fans of the chill wave type stuff and even some witch house listeners would find this really enjoyable. Keep up the good work.

i felt the same way about the first track but to me, the synth work is where that track shines. if it werent for that then i think it would definitely be more cookie-cutter and trendy. i also really like whisper, reminds me of old cocteau twins

Guest nuclearaddict

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Always appreciated. If you're referring to "Last Summer" that one is from an entirely different EP (http://mattzart.bandcamp.com/ i'll probably make the whole thing free on my soundcloud in a day or two, nobody pays for shit!).

I can see where you get the whole witch house vibe from. I had Holy Other's "With U" EP on repeat while I was making this. Also, there's some heavy Clive Tanaka influence on my other EP, but I make all my tracks as honest as possible. There's nothing sillier than trying to fit in with a certain aesthetic/vibe that's currently hot, ya know.

- Matthew

Guest nuclearaddict

"Or just grab it from here: http://dl.dropbox.co...8Preview%29.rar"

I was also planning on passing out some extra tracks as a thank you to whoever "liked" the page. I wasn't forcing anybody to like anything, ha.

Also, thanks for the heads-up about the subforum. Never knew it existed.

- Matthew

First off, Very nice artwork! I happen to be a massive Cocteau twins fan, I'm also a big fan of drone, noise, ambient and lo-fi so I immediately felt the first track. Some people will detest this stuff, I particularly like it. I instantly clicked with the style, good work. I wouldn't say it's totally Cocteau twins but the main reason I liked it was the warm droney 90's vibe, has a feel like Ecstasy of St.Theresa and LoveLiesCrushing. I'll come out here and say I detest the term "Witchhouse" and I don't really know what the fuck it's meant to be but for me, it doesn't describe this music, this is quite traditionally lo-fi, warm experimental music that fits well within an already established genre. This is excellent, please don't change or compromise and I actually think it'd be a shame if it went unnoticed and completely free, there's a lot of people out there into this particular style that would jump on this I reckon. ; ) Cheers.

Guest nuclearaddict

Man, thanks for the feedback. Really appreciate it. My influences definitely come from the whole 90s R&B and lo-fi ambient scene, so good ear!

The problem with it going unnoticed is that it's really hard to get your music out to people who might actually enjoy it. I've emailed blogs, mailed out demos to labels, but nobody wants to hear shit from you unless you're Washed out or James blake, ya know? It's all about the music and making what you enjoy, though.

Well, you've got a nice attitude about it, it's always encouraging to hear artists doing it for the music first and foremost, hope you keep hassling labels and blogs with your stuff, the right people will pay attention eventually. : )

• 2 weeks later...

Archived