IGNORED

Aliens: Colonial Marines

delet...

Guest Gary C

Hm, I personally think it looks kinda shitty. Only the storyline could save it for me, but... I'll have the play a demo to decide.

[youtubehd]uBWgLBmfXkI[/youtubehd]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

The animations, textures and general vibe of the game doesn't seem that high quality to me. Even with all the authorization they got to borrow anything they want like sounds and set pieces from the Aliens franchine, I don't think this game will be that great.

The Alien Vs. Predator game that came out like a year and a half ago seems like it was a lot better than this is going to be. I finally started playing the marine campaign on it a few months ago, it's pretty good, I will definitely go back to playing the single player on that game, too bad the multiplayer is probably not played much anymore, it was pretty fun.

The animations, textures and general vibe of the game doesn't seem that high quality to me. Even with all the authorization they got to borrow anything they want like sounds and set pieces from the Aliens franchine, I don't think this game will be that great.

The Alien Vs. Predator game that came out like a year and a half ago seems like it was a lot better than this is going to be. I finally started playing the marine campaign on it a few months ago, it's pretty good, I will definitely go back to playing the single player on that game, too bad the multiplayer is probably not played much anymore, it was pretty fun.

Have you played that piece of shit AvP 2010 game? It was fucking diabolical.

This game looks 200% better than that fucking abomination from Rebellion Software.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Uh, yeah, that's what I'm reffering to. I thought it was pretty good. Maybe the story, voice acting, sounds might be better in this but nothing else about Colonial Marines looks to be of higher quality. I only played AVP 2k10 on my PC with my new GPU with max settings, so maybe I'm biased, but the animations, textures, general look and feel of Colonial Marines looks like a step back from that game by comparision to every video I've seen of it. I'm not a graphics snob really, maybe it's going to be a really great game, but when I see animations and textures that look really cheap I get the feeling and assume the overall gameplay will be slightly cheap and unpolished as well.

It got a 7.3 on IGN. Felt more like an 8 to me.

I mostly played the MP with buddies and only played the marine campaign for a couple hours, maybe it got worse later on but I plan on going back to it.

Guest zaphod

wow that looks really shitty. the original avp was great. the colonial marine levels in that are horrifying, especially the initial one. the textures and animation plus the general vibe of this is just really low quality. looks like a sega arcade game from the early 2000s.

Uh, yeah, that's what I'm reffering to. I thought it was pretty good. Maybe the story, voice acting, sounds might be better in this but nothing else about Colonial Marines looks to be of higher quality. I only played AVP 2k10 on my PC with my new GPU with max settings, so maybe I'm biased, but the animations, textures, general look and feel of Colonial Marines looks like a step back from that game by comparision to every video I've seen of it. I'm not a graphics snob really, maybe it's going to be a really great game, but when I see animations and textures that look really cheap I get the feeling and assume the overall gameplay will be slightly cheap and unpolished as well.

It got a 7.3 on IGN. Felt more like an 8 to me.

I mostly played the MP with buddies and only played the marine campaign for a couple hours, maybe it got worse later on but I plan on going back to it.

I guess since you quoted a rating, then that rating must be correct :cisfor:

When AvP 2010 was released, there were a hell of a lot of previous AvP game fans that were immensely disappointed. The game reuses many level areas across campaigns, the multiplayer maps were mostly just single player maps with slight modifications to them to make them kind of MP calibre. The MP is incredibly unbalanced (disc spam), the multiplayer didn't even get proper dedicated servers (as far as I know, it still has beta ones, 2 years after).

And that's not even going into the storyline or acting.

For me, Aliens: Colonial Marines is shaping up to be a much better game, although of course the proof is in playing it.

As an aside, since you mentioned you're PC gaming - would you be up for the 4-player squad gameplay? I think it'd be pretty awesome to play along with fellow WATMMers

wow that looks really shitty. the original avp was great. the colonial marine levels in that are horrifying, especially the initial one. the textures and animation plus the general vibe of this is just really low quality. looks like a sega arcade game from the early 2000s.

Consoles.

Guest Gary C

looks like a sega arcade game from the early 2000s.

Yep, I got that vibe too. Seemed like lots of semi-cutscenes. I don't know what they're called, but they're like action-animations. So when an alien gets too close you'll get this little cutscene of it's jaws snapping in your face. Do that 20 times and it'll mean nothing to you any more.

Like I said, I'll need to play a demo, because at the moment it looks as boring and on-rails as a CoD single-player.

looks like a sega arcade game from the early 2000s.

Yep, I got that vibe too. Seemed like lots of semi-cutscenes. I don't know what they're called, but they're like action-animations. So when an alien gets too close you'll get this little cutscene of it's jaws snapping in your face. Do that 20 times and it'll mean nothing to you any more.

Like I said, I'll need to play a demo, because at the moment it looks as boring and on-rails as a CoD single-player.

Consoles.

Archived