IGNORED

Aliens: Colonial Marines

delet...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

yeah but x2 walks on the fuckin ceiling man

aliens has such an intense atmosphere. avp was great. ill probably not get to play this for a long while but it does look p cool.

Guest Gary C

X enters room X and shoots X repeat

Yeah, the atmosphere looked great. Very intense, but at points it did seem to be a 'move from cutscene to cutscene' kind of deal like the COD single player.

It certainly looks interesting though and the ability to have up to 4 players dropping in and out could be awesome. Imagine running around in an Aliens movie with your buddies online? As long as it's much more difficult than that demo, I'm sold.

Also, yeah, they need to sort out the pulse rifles ammo capacity.

I will play this. I have to. I am more than a fan. I own a first print run of Ron Cobb's "Colorvision" which features his concept art work for the original Alien, as well as Star Wars and Conan (which is amazing, has some of his sword and shield designs). My grandfather, a WW2 vet and commercial artist, left me that book and all of his artist equipment when he died in 1988. The narrators mention of the Aliens design manual had me salivating.

With that chest pounding over, I must say that I'm not all that impressed with the mechanics. It feels like a bit of a rail shooter. And the "Here, have an awesome turret, so long as you place it on this flashing blue hologram" annoys me. I instantly noticed how static the gun looks in the player character's hands. I have a feeling they will improve on that kinda stuff though. I am nitpicky about things I love.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

IT'S FUCKING 2011 AND PCs ARE CAPABLE OF GAMEPLAY DYNAMICS, VISUAL FIDELITY, VAST EPIC EXPERIENCES 90 FOLD WHAT FUCKING CONSOLE GAMES ARE FORCED TO KEEP REGURGITATING. Cones should be fucking forced to only xbox live arcade type games. CONSOLES ARE FAKKING RUINING THE POTENTIAL FOR FUTURISTIC NEXT LEVEL GAMING. WE COULD FUGGIN DIE TOMORROW... AND WE WOULD ONLY HAVE EXPERIENCED GAMES ON THE LEVEL OF THE SAME SHIT WE HAVE BEEN SEEING FOR A HALF A DECADE. Don't say oh it's not consoles fault, it's not the idiot lazy consumers fault, gameplay > graphics... yeah duhh, but YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT POTENTIAL RUINER... CONSOLES ARE POOPING ON THE POTENTIAL OF ALL ASPECTS OF GAMING YOU FUCKING INFANT DIDDLING NARPLE SHAT. I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AS YOUR ON YOUR DEATH BED FUHKIN TWAZZLE SHAT NIGGLE SNAPPER!!

well its by the guys who made duke nukem so.. there ya go

No. 3D Realms made most of Duke Nukem Forever. When they where shut down Gearbox took over and finished the game.

Gearbox made Borderlands most recently.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I'm super drunk and was joking around. I'm only half disappointed in the lost potential, the other half of me is thankful the games have not got nearly as amazing, huge and addictive as they could be as they a really good third person action/FPS/MMORPG/A+ PC title could steal my life. Y'all do realize that PCs are literally capable of being 12 times more powerful as consoles in all aspects right? In seriousness, shit is getting old, all I'm saying, it looks no more advanced than I title in 2006 and we know why.

Guest Pennywise

I was thinking 'but isn't there only 2 enemies and the queen to fight in this game', then I see they've made a new species. Kinda sucks, I bet there's more 'new species'.

looks pretty cool, but i'd love to see a game with much fewer aliens, with a less action oriented and more sneak em up sorta gameplay. also the aliens that you encountered would be much, much harder to take down, but yeah i realize this game is based on aliens and not alien so it's all good.

Guest Gary C

looks pretty cool, but i'd love to see a game with much fewer aliens, with a less action oriented and more sneak em up sorta gameplay. also the aliens that you encountered would be much, much harder to take down, but yeah i realize this game is based on aliens and not alien so it's all good.

Yeah, the demo might not be doing it justice, but it looks far too easy to kill the aliens.

Also, needs flamethrower.

Guest disparaissant

needs real acid blood, when that one alien was on top of him and he shot it off and green shit spewed everywhere? should have been followed by the most ear curdling screaming you've ever heard and a game over sign.

yes on acid blood shoulda

the cargo loader had a flame thrower

the had nuked the site, it says so in the clip

it does look too much on rales

there's tons of enemies which look too easy to kill, but the guy was probably in god mode, and that sequence was from later in the game so that's why they would have upped the enemy level

i'm no so hot on new enemies, but maybe the nuclear blast mutated them whilst they were in their eggs or something.

You kinda know that all the alien variants are going to get offworld somehow (for the game that follows). Maybe one of the new types is smarter than your average, and can operate a drop ship.

heh .. and you mean vs. Perhaps the humans could release the aliens to clear the site of those pesky avatarians. I would root for the aliens to win, whilst not watching the piece of qit movie that would result if cameron made it.

Guest Pennywise

its difficult to make a game from alien. Once you see the alien, it isn't gonna be scary anymore. Its got to be easy to kill beacuse otherwise you'd get fucked all the time. It can''t really match the atmosphere of the films, unless it was more like amnesia in the sense that you have to run the fuck away from it.

Archived